See myself in a sports highlight

smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.js ... &mode=wrap

haha, went to the Jays/Indians game yesterday and the 2nd hitter of the game hit a 2nd run homer in right centre that hit the top of the wall and then bounced into the section to my left, you can see me in the black shirt standing and then clapping when the dude caught the ball and then putting my arms in the air

my brother is beside me in the green

fricking funny
1998 ~ Barrie
2003 ~ Toronto
2005 ~ London, Toronto
2006 ~ Toronto
2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
2014 - Detroit
2019 - Chicago X 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Haven't seen myself in the sports highlite real yet. But I believe it was around 2003, I went to a Leaf's game and was sitting in the 2nd row off ice level at the ACC and I guess they are always takings pictures. Well I ended up in a Leafs Calender with my buddy. His daughter had had bought him a calender for Xmas and while she was flipping through it, she noticed us in the background. The picture was of Shayne Corson and you can see me clearly above his shoulder. If she hadn't notcied us, I would have never knew I was in the calender. Bought a couple calenders after that, cut out that page and had it laminated and it is on my wall.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Haven't seen myself in the sports highlite real yet. But I believe it was around 2003, I went to a Leaf's game and was sitting in the 2nd row off ice level at the ACC and I guess they are always takings pictures. Well I ended up in a Leafs Calender with my buddy. His daughter had had bought him a calender for Xmas and while she was flipping through it, she noticed us in the background. The picture was of Shayne Corson and you can see me clearly above his shoulder. If she hadn't notcied us, I would have never knew I was in the calender. Bought a couple calenders after that, cut out that page and had it laminated and it is on my wall.

wow, thats a cool story
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Always wondered if I should be getting some royalties. I never gave my permission :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    if you go watch the bears training camp highlights from yesterday you can see me right after the guy gets done talking about safties. i'm the guy in a bears shirt..... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    smarchee wrote:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2010_08_01_clemlb_tormlb_1&mode=wrap

haha, went to the Jays/Indians game yesterday and the 2nd hitter of the game hit a 2nd run homer in right centre that hit the top of the wall and then bounced into the section to my left, you can see me in the black shirt standing and then clapping when the dude caught the ball and then putting my arms in the air

fricking funny

Yeah it's always funny seeing yourself.

Years ago, I was sitting behind the white sox dugout for a sox-cleveland game, and ricky gutierrez was batting. He whiffed on a pitch and the bat flew out of his hand and was b-lining right at me. My dad and I were in seats 3 and 4, luckily there was nobody in 1 and 2 cuz it would've fucked someone up. The bat hit my hand, helicoptered behind me and then the guy next to my dad reached back and flung it forward back into the dugout. The bum Gutierrez wanted his bat back, so I had nothing to show for it but a bruised hand. But later that night, we were home watching Baseball Tonight and they showed the highlight. We still have it on tape somehwere, Karl Ravich yelling, "You've got to make that play!" when the bat hits my hand. Hahaha. No way anyone could've caught that thing without sacrificing more than ther hand...
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    thats tight bro i hope you catch one next game
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    smarchee wrote:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2010_08_01_clemlb_tormlb_1&mode=wrap

fricking funny

did you see the guy get hit in the head by the ball. hope he is OK.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    :lol:....awesome man!
    Ive never been in one myself, tho I've been on tv a few times at Oiler games...
    I cant view it clearly enough on my phone to ID which guy he is, but a good friend of mine was only a couple seats down from the culprit in this incident:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&client ... 352Yr7rDp4
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Very cool, Smarchee! Lots of empty seats around you. Glad you didn't do one of those dives across the seats for the ball. :lol:

Years ago my husband and I took my nephew up to Montreal to see a Red Sox-Expos series. The entire stadium seemed to be Red Sox fans. For the second game, I made a giant sign with the name of our hometown. It was shown during the game broadcast and Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy mentioned it.

After we got home I was in a local coffee shop and someone in line with me said to his friend, "Did you see the people from Winthrop at the Montreal game?" The other person said no, and the first person said, "Yeah, some guy made a sign and they showed it during the broadcast."

:oops: In my defense, I was wearing a game shirt and matching cap. And my hair was VERY short. :oops:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)