I signed up for

LauriLauri Posts: 748
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
A free seminar on how to take a year off work to travel. I'm hoping to learn how to take a week off work to travel.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    teach me when u learn :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    teach me when u learn :mrgreen:
    Me too!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    what I'm honestly the most curious about is what these people who take a year off do when they come back...even if they save enough money for the travel and to eat and stuff while they're gone, when they get back, they've got no job, no apartment, no money...
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    That's cool. I told myself that I'm gonna take a "real" vacation next year. None of this staycation shit. :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    im sick of all these get-rich-quick schemes. i just need a scheme where i can get rich, quick!
    libragirl wrote:
    That's cool. I told myself that I'm gonna take a "real" vacation next year. None of this staycation shit. :)

I haven't taken any time off for over two years now, and no real vacation for 8 years. I've sort of resigned myself that I might have to staycation in September after I finish my current project, but I can't decide. On the one hand, I know I really need some sort of break from work. On the other hand, the idea of "staycation" just kinda makes me want to cry. It sounds very lonely and boring and doing stuff like going to the beach would involve fighting a lot of traffic which in of itself sounds worse than going to work because I don't have to deal with traffic for work and traffic is just about my least favorite thing in the world.
    Lauri wrote:
    libragirl wrote:

I haven't taken any time off for over two years now, and no real vacation for 8 years. I've sort of resigned myself that I might have to staycation in September after I finish my current project, but I can't decide. On the one hand, I know I really need some sort of break from work. On the other hand, the idea of "staycation" just kinda makes me want to cry. It sounds very lonely and boring and doing stuff like going to the beach would involve fighting a lot of traffic which in of itself sounds worse than going to work because I don't have to deal with traffic for work and traffic is just about my least favorite thing in the world.

Ah, yes, it sounds like you need to get away. Personally, I hate the beach so that I never go out of my way to go there. I think it's nice to go somewhere new once in a while.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    Lauri wrote:
    libragirl wrote:

Ah, yes, it sounds like you need to get away. Personally, I hate the beach so that I never go out of my way to go there. I think it's nice to go somewhere new once in a while.

Oh yeah I am dying too go somewhere. Don't have a dime to my name though. So it's either staycation or work.
    Lauri wrote:

Oh yeah I am dying too go somewhere. Don't have a dime to my name though. So it's either staycation or work.

ah yeah, I guess time off is better no matter what. You need to recharge your battery :)
    libragirl wrote:
    Lauri wrote:

ah yeah, I guess time off is better no matter what. You need to recharge your battery :)

yeah I just don't know what to actually *do* if stay home...I have about a 4-minute attention span so the list of things I find appealing is brief. I love outdoors stuff like biking, but I get bored doing it on my own. I kinda feel that if I took off work, I could go the entire time not speaking to another person, which sounds like it could kinda blow. At least when I was unemployed I was making phone calls!
    Lauri wrote:
    libragirl wrote:
    Lauri wrote:

yeah I just don't know what to actually *do* if stay home...I have about a 4-minute attention span so the list of things I find appealing is brief. I love outdoors stuff like biking, but I get bored doing it on my own. I kinda feel that if I took off work, I could go the entire time not speaking to another person, which sounds like it could kinda blow. At least when I was unemployed I was making phone calls!

ah yeah, it's always better if you have someone to go with. Maybe a friend could take their vacation around the same time? I was always planning to go away with my sister but so much stuff has happened that we can't make time because of our life schedules.
    libragirl wrote:

ah yeah, it's always better if you have someone to go with. Maybe a friend could take their vacation around the same time? I was always planning to go away with my sister but so much stuff has happened that we can't make time because of our life schedules.

yeah I've always found it impossible to schedule vacations with others. I don't know many people in the area, and I can't think of any of the few who would want to take a "staycation" with me! It would be cool if someone came to visit, but again, hard to compete with real vacations. I usually enjoy traveling alone, but staying home alone just sounds boring.