Fantasy Footie League is Back Baby!!!

Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Yes folks the fantasy football league is back for another year...the Glorified Worldwide League is up and ready for members.

and here is the code for the league: Code to join this league: 639941-149245

Lets get it on bitches :twisted:
I need a coffee!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Ok a good few have signed up now...sweet :D

Right I was thinking we could make it a bit more interesting...how about everyone who participates has to send the winner a PJ related item. It could be a pick, a badge, a sticker, a homemade PJ item, a Benny Hall Vinyl ;) . What do you all think??? Might just make it a bit more interesting. Just a thought :D .

I have also set up a head to head league if anyone wants to join that as well..the code is 639941-157181.

Lets get the banter going again on the thread...whos gonna be the surprise package in your team, who's gonna suck ass (dunkman :lol: ) etc
    I need a coffee!
    Bump :D
    I need a coffee!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I think i have joined Al... league still the same name as last year?

anyway, I like your idea but I have no PJ stuff that I could give to the winner.... I don't collect anything other than the actual music... I could send them a picture of a scotsmans arse? :?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    That's an even better idea dunk ;)

yep you're signed up!

Come on peeps I need everyone from
    the glorified league to sign up to the head to head and invite your mates from other leagues and try and make it as big as possible, all you have to do is enter the code ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Bump

Good man dunk :D

Come on peeps, we have a good crew for the glorified worldwide league....now lets fill the drogs utd one and lets see who wins as we would have totally different winners 8-)
    I need a coffee!
    Friday bump :D
    I need a coffee!
    OK we're up to 4 in the head to head league...come on you lot :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    I'm in and have signed up for the head to head league as well. Westpark united are ready for the challenge :thumbup:
    Don't forget that there are some new rules this year. Own goals will cost a player 2 points. Saved transfers will carry over multiple game weeks and you get a 2nd wildcard for the january transfer window.
    I wasn't aware of the changes...better get rid of carragher and Johnson from me team :lol:
    I need a coffee!
    We're slowly growing :D
    I need a coffee!
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    i,m in ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I signed up and then it came to selecting me team, I chose my favorite Liverpool players then just quit and realised naah.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I'm In!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I'll sign up after work. Can't get into it here.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    So who is everyones dark horse they've picked???

Mine is Titus bramble...this year Titus will live up to his early promise :lol:
    I need a coffee!
    Jagielka and Petrov for me... basically thats who i could afford after filling my front line with star men... :oops:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I've joined but have no idea what your teams are called. Jody Craddock is my dark horse. Who said Jagielka? He's a sure fire bet!!!

I've got a brilliant midfield but not sure now about the forwards.
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    im in both leagues
    Ive got a potentially great gk/defence but now not sure about my mf or attackers! My attackers are not 25 a season men but could bag 15+ each and to win this league you need goalscoring mf...I hate all this time to think :(
    I need a coffee!
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    Irish Al wrote:
    Ive got a potentially great gk/defence but now not sure about my mf or attackers! My attackers are not 25 a season men but could bag 15+ each and to win this league you need goalscoring mf...I hate all this time to think :(

yeah i have hernandez and keane who probably won't start every game, but doyle should be a solid player for me, my defense and midfield seem strong

and duff or doyle are my dark horses
    satansbed wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

yeah i have hernandez and keane who probably won't start every game, but doyle should be a solid player for me, my defense and midfield seem strong

and duff or doyle are my dark horses

Go on the Paddy's :lol:

Well folks only one day to go and I've decided to just leave my team as it is and just see how the first weekend goes and then completely change it next week :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I would join this - but do you actually have to know anything about football?
    Claireack wrote:
    I would join this - but do you actually have to know anything about football?

Well if my score after day one is anything to go by...your probably better off with no knowledge of football at all :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    oh no... we have one at work... I picked a 'random' team... and forgot to change it :shock: so god knows who the fuck I've got :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    think i'm doing ok! forgot to make Drogba captain or I would be top... :x
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I wasn't sure about Drogba's fitness, so I got rid of him last week and took Rooney instead!

D'oh!
    I didn't check today but I must be last after week 1 :(
    I need a coffee!
    right I've resisted the temptation to make wholesale changes, am hopin my few will make a big difference :D
    I need a coffee!
    Am having a class day so far...I'm back baby (for a week at least :lol: )

8-)
    I need a coffee!
    top of both leagues... :thumbup:

my strikers are

Drogba, Carroll and Tevez.

i think they got about 8 goals at the weekend.. Carroll on a hat-trick! I only bought him cos i thought he'd play every week :mrgreen::mrgreen: