Options

Ten is an amazing album...most of us are just jaded!

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited August 2010 in The Porch
i think 7 or 8 out of every 10 Pearl Jam fans on this board exclude Ten from their top 4 Pearl jam albums...myself included....but I was spending some quality time with the redux the other night (take'n a trip down memory lane) and i came to the conclusion that most of us are jaded ass bastards!! (and bitches :mrgreen: )

It was, for most of us, our introduction to this kick ass band we all have grown to love over the years and we have listened to the album a gazillion and one times...and when they play PJ on the radio...9 out of TEN times it's a song from TEN....so yeah....overkill....overplayed...over listened to...I will grow to hate almost any song/album if it's on 24/7....but i never listen to the radio anymore and the only time i really listen to Ten is when i'm playing RockBand....so being away from it has abled me to appreciate it more (again).

And when I step back and really think about it...song for song...it's STILL one of their best albums!!! :thumbup:

...and Release is one of my top songs of all time...by any band!!

so my 10c brethren...show some love for Ten today!!! 8-)

Peace!

E~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited July 2010
    Ye it's a flawless album, every track is incredible. Can't say the same for the other records but If i was to leave this out it would purely be because I've heard half a few tunes on that album a trillion times.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Ten is Good.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    10 is ALWAYS numero uno on my list - especially since the BB remix....
    Its how (most of us) got into the band and it reminds us of where we came from
    name one bad track on the album...please...i dare you ;)

i will never get sick of this album and it will always be relevant
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    Ten got me into Pearl Jam. It was the album that spoke to me & said .. "D, this shit is what you've been waiting for & it's arrived, baby!" :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EXACTLY.
    demetrios wrote:
    Ten got me into Pearl Jam. It was the album that spoke to me & said .. "D, this shit is what you've been waiting for & it's arrived, baby!" :mrgreen:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    No arguments here.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I just hugged my Ten album.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

:lol: well said D! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

just don't slip it the tongue...excessive moisture is bad for albums! ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    "Ten" is a masterpiece....sure it's somewhat overplayed (that's what happens with a masterpiece) but lyrically and musically there has been NO album released by any band on earth since that can compare to how REALLY perfect it is. IMHO
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:

just don't slip it the tongue...excessive moisture is bad for albums! ;):mrgreen:

DARN! I was just gonna kiss my sealed super deluxe...at least it would be safe kissing, it's all wrapped up! ;)

The radio stations here play a LOT of songs off Ten, not so much any of the other albums...I thought the other day...man they play a lot of PJ, every time I get in the car a PJ song comes on...EVERY TIME, is that a sign?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    MY BROTHER ERIK...YOU TALK ABOUT ONE OF THE 3 MUST DO THINGS IN LIFE!!!
    1.SEE PJ LIVE
    2.LISTEN TEN
    3.BE AT LEAST ONCE IN A SEX ORGY...

I CAN DIE HAPPY JUST NOW BROTHER!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I've never been that keen on Ten. Its always been my leasts favourite. I was pretty young when it all kicked off in 1991 so I missed all the hype around it. Its not the songs themselves just the way the whole album sounds although the Ten Redux is much better.
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    Ten is where it all started. Where would we be without it? ... in a gutter somewhere? Hooked on crank?
    ~JzP
  • Options
    julesandianjulesandian Posts: 487
    Simply a perfect album, and one that has never lost any of its power over me. I put it aside for a couple of years after Yield but rediscovered it after Binaural and couldn't understand why I stopped listening to it regularly, now it is an ever present. My 15 year old nephew says his favourite song ever is Alive, and Deep is number 2 for him, he's learnt lead guitar (including solo's) for Alive and Evenflow and believes that it is the greatest rock album ever recorded, and PJ are the best Rock band in the world. (I introduced him to the band, thank you very much, your welcome).

I was 15 when I first heard it, it ruled. My nephew was 12 when he heard it and it still ruled after 15 years.
  • Options
    1.SEE PJ LIVE
    2.LISTEN TEN

:lol::lol::lol: here is a man who knows how to live!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    demetrios wrote:

I hear you man, because i was the same way.
  • Options
    you think i got my eyes closed, but i'm looking at you the whole fucking time!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    you think i got my eyes closed, but i'm looking at you the whole fucking time!!!!!!!!

TEN is the absolute best...
  • Options

D MAN!! what up brother?!
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Ten is awesome it is a young me, a 30 something me. A memory and not really a happy one, kind of angry, it fit perfect and will always be enjoyed just like that. Important, cherished. But it's not me anymore. I am much more like Backspacer now, it fits me perfectly to The End ;)
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    1.SEE PJ LIVE
    2.LISTEN TEN

I think you have 2 & 3 (been there, done that 8-) ) in the wrong order :lol:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

D MAN!! what up brother?!

Same 'ol... Good to see you postin'!
  • Options
    TEN could possibly be the greatest album released by any band.....

But I can also say the same thing about VS........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,559
    YES! Here is more love for ten!

<3<3<3<3

As already mentioned, it is a flawless album. If it had state of love & trust on there as well, it would have been even better ;)
    But I can also say the same thing about VS........

I tend to do so as well. Ten & VS are both exceptional works.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    I can remember hearing Alive on the radio for the first time as a high school kid and falling in love with it. I can remember hitting Newbury Comics the next day to buy the whole album on CD and falling in love with that. Today I am 34 and I still love it. It sounds just as good now as it did then.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    1.SEE PJ LIVE
    2.LISTEN TEN

I think you have 2 & 3 (been there, done that 8-) ) in the wrong order :lol:
    :lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Ten was the first born, then over time it became the big brother to new musical children. Now it's the eldest brother of a whole family of albums whom some of us remember and were inspired by when we were young. The eldest brother is often not cool anymore and can be seen as past it or not "down with it". But the eldest brother has a bit of all the other children in him and those who spend time listening and understanding him get to respect him for all the influence and inspiration passed down through the family.

Ten was first and without it none of it would be the same.

Hail Hail Ten :)
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    Mikee J wrote:
    Ten was the first born, then over time it became the big brother to new musical children. Now it's the eldest brother of a whole family of albums whom some of us remember and were inspired by when we were young. The eldest brother is often not cool anymore and can be seen as past it or not "down with it". But the eldest brother has a bit of all the other children in him and those who spend time listening and understanding him get to respect him for all the influence and inspiration passed down through the family.

Ten was first and without it none of it would be the same.

Hail Hail Ten :)

:clap: well said
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    bump for the best