favourite music magazine

joergjoerg Posts: 123
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
i don't know if there ever had been such a topic, but i'll give it a try.

so what are your favourite music magazines, what is a good read, which are totally crap?

for me, MOJO Magazine is well written and pretty cool, if you wanna go with blues music, then i'll suggest BLUES REVUE ... so on to you guys ...
... wind in my hair i feel part of everywhere ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Blues Revue is definitely the best I'm aware of for blues. Living Blues ain't so bad either...is it still around?

I like paste pretty good...there's another one I had a subscription to for a while but I can't remember what it was. Oh, and Relix is ok too
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • joergjoerg Posts: 123
    Blues Revue is definitely the best I'm aware of for blues. Living Blues ain't so bad either...is it still around?

I like paste pretty good...there's another one I had a subscription to for a while but I can't remember what it was. Oh, and Relix is ok too
    yeah living blues is still around, ... hmm paste and relix, never heard of them but might give them a try. which of those two writes also a lot on rock and roll and older stuff?
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    joerg wrote:

yeah living blues is still around, ... hmm paste and relix, never heard of them but might give them a try. which of those two writes also a lot on rock and roll and older stuff?
    I used to subscribe to relix...they cover more jam bands if my memory serves me correctly. what's MOJO like?
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Magnet is really good.

The Big Takeover is pretty awesome as well but only comes out twice a year and is pretty massive to digest.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    One of the local mags here can sometimes be pretty good - Rip It Up. Although it used to be mostly rock and now is a bit too main stream for me.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    NME is ok (for the UK indie scene).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Big Take Over
    Death + Taxes
    Paste
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Rolling Stone. Yeah it sold out, but I like some of the writers like David Fricke and Rob Sheffield.
  • joergjoerg Posts: 123
    joerg wrote:

I used to subscribe to relix...they cover more jam bands if my memory serves me correctly. what's MOJO like?
    MOJO is a pretty good read, but often criticised for covering the same artists like the beatles and bob dylan. but i find it a pretty good read, a lot of old stuff and also new music. without them i wouldn't have discovered "gems" like bon iver
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I subscribed to RS for awhile but recently canceled it. I just lost interest in it. I also used to like Alternative Press.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Filter
    "Good Music WIll Prevail"

best music magazine tag line ever! Plus i like them a good bit too :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22