pregnant and lonely in atx

sleeplikeadogsleeplikeadog Posts: 156
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So, I'm 8 months pregnant, and my life is changing drastically(pregnancy will do that to you I suppose). I'm not able to go out and do the things I used to, with the people I used to. I'm finding it kind of lonely. Not everyone wants to hang with someone with a baby on the way. Anyone in Austin with kids, or not, mind hangin' with a prego girl? Not looking for a hookup, lol. I have a man. Just some new, somewhat responsible friends.
Walking is still honest
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Not in your area, but keep your head up. My wife and I just welcomed our son into our lives 7 months ago and trust me, I know what you're going through. It's only going to get worse when the baby is born. BUT, and it's a big but, you really find out who your true friends are and that is a blessing in disguise. Just keep yourself focused and interact with your belly as much as possible. :lol: I guarantee you when your baby is born, your entire mind, heart and soul will be so focused on that child that you won't be thinking about past fake friends and you'll only be enjoying great times with your true friends.

I'm off my soapbox now. Good luck!
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    I'm definitely not in your area, or country for that matter, but just wanted to say, dont despair!...friends you had a lot in common with may fade off into the distance, and you'll make new one's who are in similar situations as yourself...Most of the friends in my life now, have children like me, but when I first fell pregnant the only people I knew were going out every night getting pissed - something that we didnt have in common anymore :lol:

Im sure you'll find some wicked music lovin' mothers in your area soon.

For now, just enjoy the life changing ride :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • CK80697CK80697 Posts: 11
    "People my age
    They don't do the things I do
    They go somehwere
    While I run away with you
    I got my friends
    And I got my children too
    I got her love
    She's got my love too"

i'm the ocean
    i'm the ocean
    i'm the ocean

I think it does mean you don't have to give up with your friend's, after the first 6/8 months were the kid is really one thing with you, you have a life to live with and togheter your kid and your friend's all togheter
  • PapPap Posts: 28,823
    I've got an old friend he remembers me
    From way back when we were seventeen
    We got kids and we're older now
    But when i see him, we're still seventeen

I need the beach to set me free
    I need the wind to make me breathe
    I need the water to wash my soul
    I need my loved ones to let me go

I can feel the lifting of my blues
    I can see a white horizon new
    Got the feeling that i just can't lose
    Rolling into Santa Cruz (Ah yeah)

All the wishes for a painless childbirth!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    So, I'm 8 months pregnant, and my life is changing drastically(pregnancy will do that to you I suppose). I'm not able to go out and do the things I used to, with the people I used to. I'm finding it kind of lonely. Not everyone wants to hang with someone with a baby on the way. Anyone in Austin with kids, or not, mind hangin' with a prego girl? Not looking for a hookup, lol. I have a man. Just some new, somewhat responsible friends.
    Its been 26 years since I was in your shoes but the memories of the feelings remain very clear. I too was the first in a small crowd of friends to get pregnant. Not partying was a difficult sad place, a huge change one of many to come. I don't think I ever felt as alone as I did then at that time or any other time in the future, that part being the good news.
    Once baby gets here, he or she will consume your thoughts and emotions in a way you can't imagine, truly.
    Doing, being for yourself is no longer a priority.
    With that being said, I hope you have a good support system in place to keep yourself well. Some time alone, some time with just Daddy, some time with friends. This will make a new Mom who is happy and well rounded and there emotionally for baby. One who can rediscover her old self while enjoying her new place in life.
    You have many beautiful moments ahead, challenging discoveries and memories to make. The greatest being this love you carry with you now.
    I envy you, just beginning the journey. It goes fast, enjoy and good luck to you.
  • Johnny AggroJohnny Aggro Posts: 543
    Hi there,

Again not in your area, but to echo what others have said. You are about to embark on a journey that is so amazing. the toughest, easiest, most challenging and rewarding part of life there is. Even the love you have for your man, will be outshined by this new being about to arrive. You're real friends will be there for you and anyone who loses touch, you will not even have the head space to give them a second thought.

Hold tight and get ready!!!

all the best for the birth
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • I'm doing my best to focus on my little guy on the way. I think that since it's getting so close to my due date, that I'm just scared about pretty much everything, and that's where the lonliness comes in. I think being scared is a good thing, though, because I just don't want to screw this up, and I want to be the best parent I can.
    Walking is still honest
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fly me, and i'll hang for the weekend. :lol:

but when push comes to shove, you always have the ate to party in.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg