Stadium Hot Dogs And Refreshments

Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Dirty Vendors

Report: Major Stadium Food Violations

MYFOXNY.COM - A survey of the nation's 107 professional sports venues reportedly found that 28 percent had serious health violations at their concessions.

The study by ESPN found the greatest number of health violations at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. and the least- with zero- was Nassau Coliseum on Long Island.

The ESPN survey was based on government health inspection reports.

Most of the sports centers rely on outside food service companies at their concessions.

In New York City, the survey found that 61 percent of Madison Square Garden's stands had critical violations including mouse droppings under cash registers in front food preparations areas and on top of soft drip dispensers.

At Yankee Stadium, 48 percent of vendors reportedly had violations.

At CitiField, 45 percent of concessions had critical violations including spoiled food for sale, according to ESPN.

Published reports indicate that all the stadiums immediately remedied the violations following the inspections.
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    If I eat at a sporting event, I expect the food violations :mrgreen:
    It's a sport in a sport...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Who doesn't like a little mouse droppings on their dog?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNI5xoNMM9g
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    ......and Nassau Coliseum beats them all !
    platessmall.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    thats why it tastes so good bathy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I found this the other day, speaking of which:
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/the-rays-are-number-one.php
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    thats why it tastes so good bathy
    :lol:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Ugh...to think I ate at that hole MSG when I was there for PJ

:sick::sick:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

I'm sure Wells Fargo Center has a few faults ;)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    It builds character.

And parasitic infections, but whatever.
    Rygar wrote:

You can eat off the floor there

I refuse to call it that btw..Long Live WACHOVIA!!!

Rygar wrote:

You can eat off the floor there

I refuse to call it that btw..Long Live WACHOVIA!!!
    Too late, you'll conform sooner or later!
    I wouldn't eat off the floor there, I've seen the wing bowl....
    What about the best stadium concessions you guys have ever had? My vote goes to Miller Park in Milwaukee.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    What about the best stadium concessions you guys have ever had? My vote goes to Miller Park in Milwaukee.

I'm biased but Citizens Bank Park in Philly is one of the best

You have plenty of food to choose from

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Citifield with the Shake Shack, Mexican and Blue Smoke is pretty awesome...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Well, the food's poisoned everywhere else. Why should your local venue be any different?
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

well 5 out of 10 isn't that bad :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I've worked in arenas and stadiums for years... most of those kitchens and concession stands are pretty nasty.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ......and Nassau Coliseum beats them all !

Honestly, the fact there were no violations here shocked me more than the fact the numbers were so high at the other NY venues... leading me to believe that Uniondale know how to grease their inspectors right!
  • I think ignorance is truly bliss when it comes to this subject. When I buy a hamburger at a show, I try not to think about mouse shit. :lol:
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think ignorance is truly bliss when it comes to this subject. When I buy a hamburger at a show, I try not to think about mouse shit. :lol:
    this can be said for a lot restaurants too, I try not to think about it but I'm usually not well the next day :sick:
    I love your avatar, can't see that man enough :D
  • pandora wrote:
    I think ignorance is truly bliss when it comes to this subject. When I buy a hamburger at a show, I try not to think about mouse shit. :lol:
    this can be said for a lot restaurants too, I try not to think about it but I'm usually not well the next day :sick:

You're right about the next day illnesses. I've actually learned which chains, etc. to NOT eat at ever based on those illnesses.

Thanks for the avatar props. I'm a Pulp Fiction geek.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
    pandora wrote:

You're right about the next day illnesses. I've actually learned which chains, etc. to NOT eat at ever based on those illnesses.

Thanks for the avatar props. I'm a Pulp Fiction geek.
    my son too, I never got it but thats why I'm the Mom, same with The Dude, Big Lebowski thing, but don't tell anyone :oops:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

at least you didn't say good. not a single stadium stands out to me. and that list includes. specturm, wachovia, nationwide, united center, wrigley, us cellular, old tiger stadium, ohio stadium, municiapal stadium (cleveland), 5/3rd field (toledo), ryan field, joe louis, palace of auburn hills. i've had decent food, but never have i had a memorable meal. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

at least you didn't say good. not a single stadium stands out to me. and that list includes. specturm, wachovia, nationwide, united center, wrigley, us cellular, old tiger stadium, ohio stadium, municiapal stadium (cleveland), 5/3rd field (toledo), ryan field, joe louis, palace of auburn hills. i've had decent food, but never have i had a memorable meal. :lol:
    I don't know I bet the Usingers hot dogs at Miller Park are awesome! Or maybe a Brat or Italian or how about a knockwurst!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Give me the Legal Seafoods clam chowder at Fenway Park... yum...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Give me the Legal Seafoods clam chowder at Fenway Park... yum...

This is wrong for so many reasons!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Not when it's 40 degrees and raining in April, it ain't!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Not when it's 40 degrees and raining in April, it ain't!

You make a good point, still doesn't sit well.
    pandora wrote:
    81 wrote:

I don't know I bet the Usingers hot dogs at Miller Park are awesome! Or maybe a Brat or Italian or how about a knockwurst!
    You got it pandora! I've been to Miller Park twice and got the works! They know how to do it right up there.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    was drunk & high @ bush stadium
    attending a who concert

i puked
    that's as close to a hot dog as i have gotten at a stadium.
    the end
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce