what do you do

brother123brother123 Posts: 792
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
if you feel so alone and you can't talk to someone?

Well, you could talk to someone but the things you'd like to talk about the other person has no clue of, or doesn't or can't even fathom what you're going through?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    you will never know if u dont try to speak :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    you will never know if u dont try to speak :)

Yup.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Eyed might say waffles ;) I say God
    You would be surprised the thoughts that are returned
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,031
    pandora wrote:
    Eyed might say Waffle ;) I say God
    Sacrelege!!!

Edited to stave off the wrath of Waffle. And Eyed.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    mickeyrat wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Sacrelege!!!

Leggo my Eggo
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I write a letter.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    mickeyrat wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Sacrelege!!!

The word is, sacrilicious.

32332_384x288_generated__DmV3S2ogt0uVzXN-RTk-Hg.jpg
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I agree with JohnnyP and DimitriPJ.

Try and talk about it even here if you still can't write that letter even to yourself
    its amazing just writing/talking about it relieves so much stress...even to yourself.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • runawayrunaway Posts: 427
    brother123 wrote:

Well, you could talk to someone but the things you'd like to talk about the other person has no clue of, or doesn't or can't even fathom what you're going through?

write it out ... on the poetry board or on paper...maybe then read it outloud...putting thoughts into words outloud or on paper helps...it might not heal the problem, but it sure makes a difference
    Music is the universal language
    What's better than a cigar? Ed with a sitar
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    brother123 wrote:

I can't help you...

I had a seizure trying to read what you typed and ignore that hideous signature
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    runaway wrote:
    brother123 wrote:

write it out ... on the poetry board or on paper...maybe then read it outloud...putting thoughts into words outloud or on paper helps...it might not heal the problem, but it sure makes a difference

he might be totally shite at poetry though and thats what he wants to talk to his friend about? and if won't heal the problem then why bother... that'd be like me using a hot kettle to stroke my sunburn... it won't heal the problem but it'll make a difference.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    I've talked about it but, nobody truly understand what I'm going through
    Talking about it helps but only for a few weeks or months or so.
    I still have these reoccurring thoughts that i'd rather not specify on here

a letter suggestion just sounds ludicrous to me no offense. it's something that I'm chained to my whole life and while i've learned to deal with it to an extent, it's only now become apparent that it's totally fucking my life up in the worst ways.

I know it could always be worse that I actually have it but having said that, I only half believe

I'm not looking for a "oh bro we love you or don't fret man, you're a good dude" because 90 percent of you don't know me and that's all good. i just want some advice
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    brother123 wrote:

I can't help you...

thanks for the help, I mean really. I'm asking for a nugget of advice yet you feel so fucking compelled to post that so insightful post, I mean I saw fucking jesus with that post. I'm turning a new leaf on that post. You contributed such an insightful post that, well quite frankly, I totally see where you were going with that

why don't you become a therapist, that way you can degrade your clients, maybe that would give you more satisfaction.
    Have you nothing better to do than to troll on the internet and type such bullshit? I bet your penis swelled with excitement when you hit the submit button didn't it? The build up from your testicles and then the ejaculation from hitting that submit button, I mean my god man, who could resist the sheer joy of posting such nonsense.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    brother123 wrote:

a letter suggestion just sounds ludicrous to me no offense. it's something that I'm chained to my whole life and while i've learned to deal with it to an extent, it's only now become apparent that it's totally fucking my life up in the worst ways.

I know it could always be worse that I actually have it but having said that, I only half believe

I'm not looking for a "oh bro we love you or don't fret man, you're a good dude" because 90 percent of you don't know me and that's all good. i just want some advice
    What comes to mind for me, is last year when I was hurt pretty bad, I wasn't sure if I would walk again normally. I sought out others who were in similar situations as me. It helped with the fears and to be stronger.
    I don't know what is hurting you, what challenge you are facing but perhaps you can locate others who are experiencing something like what you are going through.
    Also, educate yourself on whatever it is. Causes, symptoms, treatments, triggers.
    Knowing yourself is half the battle, then try to understand this thing you need to overcome.
    To conquer you need to know it and understand it.
    I hope you find some peace.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Bro.. I agree with Pandora. Sometimes, even your loved ones may have difficulties understanding what you may be going through because they have not 'lived' it. One can listen, emphasize, offer lots of love, etc. but sometimes that's not enough.

I went through traumatizing times a couple of years ago (and I'm still feeling the 'effects'). My family and my friends were absolutely awesome and gave me so much love and support and that really kept me afloat. But.... there were still some feelings/thoughts I could not share with them for various reasons. I did meet some people going through the same kind of stuff and, talking to them (perfect strangers!!) was so easy. I didn't think I could open up, but I did (this wasn't a 'group therapy' type thing, just individuals I met). Some thoughts I couldn't share with my dearests, I could share with them - they had the same. These people were all at different stages of their problems, some recent (like me!), some almost out of the boat. The sharing of experiences and seeing that positive outcomes/solutions are out there (with concrete advice offered!) really helped in trying to sort myself out.

I guess you may have already thought of going down the route of professional help.....

xxx
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Theovl316 wrote:
    I agree with JohnnyP and DimitriPJ.

Try and talk about it even here if you still can't write that letter even to yourself
    its amazing just writing/talking about it relieves so much stress...even to yourself.
    This is true, you can't hold things in. You'll definitely feel better letting them out anyway you can. It's horrible what stress can do to you, mentally and physically.

Good Luck!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    brother123 wrote:

Then seek help from a professional. Been seeing a counsler for just over a year now. Awesome dude. Started seeing him just after the exwife and I seperated.helped me to deal with that and some other realizations have come to mind.

Look into support groups for what you feel is fucking you up. You'd be surprised .

there is a quote by Herbert Spencer
    " There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-- That principle is "contempt prior to investigation"

Keep an open mind , dude.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

" There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-- That principle is "contempt prior to investigation"

i need therapy just reading that quote... that guy must have been an opium addict or something?

seriously it means fuck all to me that...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

i need therapy just reading that quote... that guy must have been an opium addict or something?

seriously it means fuck all to me that...
    good thing it wasn't meant for you then, wasn't it Dunk?

mickeyrat wrote:

yes, yes it was. Seriously though... I'm not sure what it actually means.
    dunkman wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

yes, yes it was. Seriously though... I'm not sure what it actually means.
    Really? :o Contempt prior to investigation? That = a closed mind.

go into to things with an open mind. See things for what they are and not what we think they are going in.
    Except for tipping of course.

• JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Everyone enters situations they wish they did not enter.
    There will always be residue of life sticking to us,
    but aslong as we acknowledge it, listen to it, lets it annoy the shit out of us,
    can we truely accept said shit as our own,
    and put it down to life experience, whether we liked it or not.
    I think making peace with it and moving on is good.
    And make an effort for it not to happen again. ;)
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    brother123 wrote:
    brother123 wrote:

I can't help you...

thanks for the help, I mean really. I'm asking for a nugget of advice yet you feel so fucking compelled to post that so insightful post, I mean I saw fucking jesus with that post. I'm turning a new leaf on that post. You contributed such an insightful post that, well quite frankly, I totally see where you were going with that

why don't you become a therapist, that way you can degrade your clients, maybe that would give you more satisfaction.
    Have you nothing better to do than to troll on the internet and type such bullshit? I bet your penis swelled with excitement when you hit the submit button didn't it? The build up from your testicles and then the ejaculation from hitting that submit button, I mean my god man, who could resist the sheer joy of posting such nonsense.

Wow Mr.Sensitive

Sounds like you need Dr.Phil for you anger Management or possibly by the sounds of it you need to be on Jerry Springer so you can try and beat someone up

I'm sorry you can't take a joke on here...its not my fault the Devils lost in the first round again

I'm glad you saw Jesus

buddy_christ.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    brother123 wrote:

I read that most Americans don't feel comfortable talking about these things with their friends and family which is why therapists are so popular. I guess it is an option, but they don't really offer any comfort.