Laptops....

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,031
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone have any experience with Compaq products? As a gift I'm getting a refurbished Presario for my birthday. I dont do all that much with a computer , expect post here and elsewhere , and Dload music from a group that shall remain nameless. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Anyone have any experience with Compaq products? As a gift I'm getting a refurbished Presario for my birthday. I dont do all that much with a computer , expect post here and elsewhere , and Dload music from a group that shall remain nameless. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a new Compaq Presario in '06 or '07. Worked ok. It died on my earlier this year, so I replaced it with a Toshiba Satellite from BestBuy for about $399, and its now $350. You may want to consider going "new" if $350 to $399 is your budget. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,031
    CJMST3K wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I bought a new Compaq Presario in '06 or '07. Worked ok. It died on my earlier this year, so I replaced it with a Toshiba Satellite from BestBuy for about $399, and its now $350. You may want to consider going "new" if $350 to $399 is your budget. :)
    Thanks. It has to be betterthan the machine I'm on. Hand me down running XP!!!!! Thinking of getting a new machine come tax time. The Presario is already on its way. The gifter saidd , if after reading up on it , I find I want something else to refuse shipment. So , This is my research!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    mickeyrat wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Thanks. It has to be betterthan the machine I'm on. Hand me down running XP!!!!! Thinking of getting a new machine come tax time. The Presario is already on its way. The gifter saidd , if after reading up on it , I find I want something else to refuse shipment. So , This is my research!!!! :mrgreen:

I brought a brand new toshiba satelitte in dec last year...3 weeks and the hard drive crashed. But no probs with warranty 2 days and it was back to me a new hard drive and running perfectly ever since.
    Well, since you guys had nothing much to offer. I am now computing on a brand new looking Presario. Surprised this morining by a phone call from UPS saying it was being delivered today.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i had a compaq desktop that lasted just under 7 years before the processor or motherboard croaked

replaced it with a compaq laptop in summer of 06. it's going on 4 years now. it's an ok computer...bit slow, but technology has come a long way since i picked it up.

don't be suprised if the hinges for the screen break one day. parts are cheap on ebay, and fix is easy if you can twist a screwdriver.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i had a compaq desktop that lasted just under 7 years before the processor or motherboard croaked

replaced it with a compaq laptop in summer of 06. it's going on 4 years now. it's an ok computer...bit slow, but technology has come a long way since i picked it up.

don't be suprised if the hinges for the screen break one day. parts are cheap on ebay, and fix is easy if you can twist a screwdriver.
    Now see This is what I asked for to begin with. Buckeye fans stick to gether!!

O H !!!

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I O

only a few more weeks until sept 2nd.

need to see if i can get tickets to the game up in madison.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg