Feels like 110 in NYC ?

Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Actual temps up near 98, with the heat and humidity index it feels like 110 on your skin ! ? ! ?

The power grid is being strained to a maximum, todays going to be very uncomfortable.

After the storms last night ( Toornados ) and much lightning storms, we'll be picking up the pieces tonight in nasty nasty heat.

Be caeful out there everyone and STAY COOL .

:thumbup:
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    beach in about 1 hour bathy

hopefully some more brown sharks will be close to shore :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    the beach is fucking incredible ...peace
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    man worst day yet

which beach you hit N?
    Get_Right wrote:
    man worst day yet

which beach you hit N?

got a crib i n long beach long island..not the jersey meatheads :lol:
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Get_Right wrote:
    man worst day yet

which beach you hit N?

LBI's right on the cusp. Arm yourself to the teeth and keep 'em from coming any more south.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    it was nice about 5-6 miles out off Fire Island inlet.....soon as we got back into the state channel this wave of disgusting air hit me

Lots of boats out there, me and my fishing partner brought back abot 20 porgies/sea bass.... 2 doormat fluke and on the way in we went claming and got a shitload

Time to invite some people over for fish,alcohol and some music

Enjoy summer everyone....before we know it....we'll be up to our knees in that white shit :twisted:

lotta bikinis :D
    Get_Right wrote:
    man worst day yet

which beach you hit N?

LBI's right on the cusp. Arm yourself to the teeth and keep 'em from coming any more south.

nooo im not long beach island in jersey...im in long beach ny

i meant to many jersey / philly meatheads for me
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    it was nice about 5-6 miles out off Fire Island inlet.....soon as we got back into the state channel this wave of disgusting air hit me

Lots of boats out there, me and my fishing partner brought back abot 20 porgies/sea bass.... 2 doormat fluke and on the way in we went claming and got a shitload

Enjoy summer everyone....before we know it....we'll be up to our knees in that white shit :twisted:

love the bikinis :mrgreen:

you know a kerry winter in fire island?
    its nice out there-just far enough out to have nice water
    some serious surf when the wind is blowing inland

cant beat the raw Atlantic on the southern shore IMHO-only nantucket and MV have better ocean IMHO

and Ive been to NJ shore-cant compare
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Yeesh. 110? It was super-hot today playing golf. I was sweating like Patrick Ewing on the course and it was only 90 here in Mass. Everybody stay cool down in NYC. Enjoy your Saturday night kids!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    edited July 2010
    CROJAM95 wrote:

love the bikinis :mrgreen:

you know a kerry winter in fire island?

No...My cousin docks out of Bergen Point in West Babylon....we just fish the coast. There's a reef out there that we have a special spot on the reef. As soon as u hit bottom u get attacked by these lil fuckers. If we have good conditions we go even further to the ss san Diego, a sunken battle ship wwII era........no land in sight :o Great fishing

The inlet is fun if u have a wicked south wind....catch some serious air on the way out
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
    Get_Right wrote:

cant beat the raw Atlantic on the southern shore IMHO-only nantucket and MV have better ocean IMHO

Love it.....that giant basking shark cam ashore at Cedar last year.

we see dolphins all the time....if your lucky u might spot a whale

Gotta love it when New Yorkers try to decipher between NYC and north Jersey. Gotta love it.....

And, are you sure your boy Kerry is not Jason who is not Neil? :mrgreen: Must be a market trader thing cause I don't know many people that type in all caps.

4 more days and I'll be sailing the Chesapeake Bay. Cannot wait...
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

WHALE was right off my beach on wed. missed it though

and their were 2 brown sharks caught off rockaway beach last sat!! 5-7 ft. each i saw the pics crazy that they were that close to be caught off the beach

Gotta love it when New Yorkers try to decipher between NYC and north Jersey. Gotta love it.....

And, are you sure your boy Kerry is not Jason who is not Neil? :mrgreen: Must be a market trader thing cause I don't know many people that type in all caps.

4 more days and I'll be sailing the Chesapeake Bay. Cannot wait...

just being honest...long island is my place ..jersey shore doesn't work for me ...alot of staten island kids which really doesn't work for me

did u get kerry's email?
    Get_Right wrote:

heading to the cape end of august...hopefully the great whites will be around like last year..missed em by a week...nice water
    I gotta say... This PJ app sucks. My fault I didn't see the "long" between beach and island so that would make sense.

Yeah got Kerrys email. Thanks man. Went back and forth on a couple things.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    i've never heard of a brown shark before and i hope i never see one up close :)

on the news, with the heat index, i heard it felt like 115 degrees in some places in MD yesterday.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    Get_Right wrote:

heading to the cape end of august...hopefully the great whites will be around like last year..missed em by a week...nice water

Sweet-cape can be nice if you are the ocean side
    Amagansett /Neapague-still the best beach ive ever been to for the northern atlantic-although sometimes it is too rough to swim
    I gotta say... This PJ app sucks. My fault I didn't see the "long" between beach and island so that would make sense.

Yeah got Kerrys email. Thanks man. Went back and forth on a couple things.

coolio..he is a good guy

welcome
    iluvcats wrote:
    i've never heard of a brown shark before and i hope i never see one up close :)

on the news, with the heat index, i heard it felt like 115 degrees in some places in MD yesterday.

its basically a large version of the sand shark

not really a threat to humans but it was wild that these pretty big sharks were hooked right off the beach
    Get_Right wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

Sweet-cape can be nice if you are the ocean side
    Amagansett /Neapague-still the best beach ive ever been to for the northern atlantic-although sometimes it is too rough to swim

house is close to bay side...which blows ass but can just hope in the whip and cruise to the beach

my brother is joined up in some country club so we use the pool alot
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    that's weird stuff.
    it is 51 degree here.
    you are twice as hot as me and then some.
    that is messed up.

today's high 71.

very blue sky.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    its hot again man

today is a backyard pool day ;)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

and their were 2 brown sharks caught off rockaway beach last sat!! 5-7 ft. each i saw the pics crazy that they were that close to be caught off the beach

how close is close???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

house is close to bay side...which blows ass but can just hope in the whip and cruise to the beach

my brother is joined up in some country club so we use the pool alot
    better than being landlocked or at work!
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    It's the same in central NC
    After dark and the air you breathe almost stings your lungs.
    stay cool
    and of course
    peace
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    blech!

the thunderstroms are welcomed in an attempt at cooling it off !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Get_Right wrote:

how close is close???

20 -30 yards off shore...however far the fisherman was able to cast his line which isn't much more than that

20 -30 yards off shore...however far the fisherman was able to cast his line which isn't much more than that
    a good surfcaster can hit that no problem
    and rockaway has some serious surfcasters

but it is unusual for surfcasters to catch a shark-but Im not surprised