God and orange juice

matabelematabele Posts: 277
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Okay whether it is Allah, God or the Creator whatever entity created this thing called life is one smart cookie. I was eating this beautiful orange the other day in the manner I have done since I was a kid. I knead it for a while, put a small hole in it, suck the juice out and then open it up to eat the flesh, got to thinking about orange juice. It would be safe to say that the daily orange requirement should be 1, each orange contains a small amount of juice and this amount should be enough but people are drinking the stuff by the glass full, if people don't like the flesh, the juice of say 3 oranges should be enough, which is still a very small amount.
Personally I don't think all that juice is good for us, perhaps it has come about because of marketing? An orange even has its own packaging!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Only 2 miles.... ;) I keed, I keed.
  • matabelematabele Posts: 277
    Wilds wrote:
    :D You don't know the half of it! They're coming to take me away, ha ha, ha ha!
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Wilds wrote:
    I thought the exact same thing :lol::lol:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    WTF is this thread about anyway???
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

PLASTICS!!

just-one-word-plastics.jpg
    norm wrote:

PLASTICS!!

just-one-word-plastics.jpg

It's suddenly become clear...thanks.
    brother123 wrote:
    banana hammock

shuttlecock
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    I don't know, but what I would like to know is when the mofo's at Tropicana turned a half gallon of orange juice into 59 ounces.

Bad enough when half gallons of ice cream became 48 and 56 oz containers, but now OJ??

Its time for a revolt methinks.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    I don't know, but what I would like to know is when the mofo's at Tropicana turned a half gallon of orange juice into 59 ounces.

Bad enough when half gallons of ice cream became 48 and 56 oz containers, but now OJ??

What?? You have just opened my eyes to this injustice....
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Poncier wrote:

son of a bitch!
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    No jokes about a blonde staring at a carton of OJ?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    matabele wrote:
    Okay whether it is Allah, God or the Creator whatever entity created this thing called life is one smart cookie. I was eating this beautiful orange the other day in the manner I have done since I was a kid. I knead it for a while, put a small hole in it, suck the juice out and then open it up to eat the flesh, got to thinking about orange juice. It would be safe to say that the daily orange requirement should be 1, each orange contains a small amount of juice and this amount should be enough but people are drinking the stuff by the glass full, if people don't like the flesh, the juice of say 3 oranges should be enough, which is still a very small amount.
    Personally I don't think all that juice is good for us, perhaps it has come about because of marketing? An orange even has its own packaging!
    I started salivating reading this, very descriptive, but I'm not an orange lover, well maybe with champagne but
    give me tomato juice any day preferably with pepper vodka, spicy Worcestershire sauce, crunchy olives, crispy celery, lemon extra lime, light on the celery salt, add a side car of Bud Light
    yum.... liquid lunch :)
    any dietitian will steer you away from juice, too much sugar in one serving, and they will say eat the piece of fruit instead, like you suggest.
    pandora wrote:
    matabele wrote:
    I started salivating reading this, very descriptive, but I'm not an orange lover, well maybe with champagne but
    give me tomato juice any day preferably with pepper vodka, spicy Worcestershire sauce, crunchy olives, crispy celery, lemon extra lime, light on the celery salt, add a side car of Bud Light
    yum.... liquid lunch :)
    any dietitian will steer you away from juice, too much sugar in one serving, and they will say eat the piece of fruit instead, like you suggest.

I'm a dietitian/philosopher/shepherd, and I say cut your juice with 75% water.

Thanks for listening.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

Thanks for listening.

I'm an alcoholic/philosopher/healer, and I say cut your juice with 75% vodka.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    edited July 2010
    I think God ROCKS!! and Orange Juice bought off the shelf is a scam! :ugeek:
    ( but with a shot or several of Vodka, is pallatable.)
    Post edited by Jo on
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    norm wrote:

Thanks for listening.

:thumbup:
    pandora wrote:
    norm wrote:

Thanks for listening.

:thumbup:

make mine a double.

:thumbup: :thumbup: