Options

****chicago Hotel 10c Block****

IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Is anyone interested in staying at the Palmer House Hilton in a 10C block of rooms.

I have blocked 10 rooms in the name of 10 Club with a lower rate. The hotel is close to the venue and I would love to arrange meet-up's etc, if anyone is interested. PM me.

The hotel is very close to the venue, easily walking distance.
"Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    just curious, what is the price per night?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    $169 for main level, no extra charge for double occupancy
    $229 for executive level, no extra charge for double occupancy.
  • Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    Interested for Friday night only.... or do you have to stay both nights?
    the Minions
  • Options
    Interested for Friday night only.... or do you have to stay both nights?

I've booked this hotel for as little as $80 night on priceline. Just a heads up. enjoy the show everybody!
    "I turned my back,... now there's no turning back"

"Love is a tower
    Of strength to me
    I am the shoreline
    But you're the sea"
  • Options
    You can stay for how ever many nights you choose. I have reserved the 20th to the 23rd, because that is how long I am staying.

You should be able to call tomorrow and request the 10 club block and they can answer any questions for you as well.
  • Options
    I've booked this hotel for as little as $80 night on priceline. Just a heads up. enjoy the show everybody!

Thanks for the help?
    Sometimes it's not all about money. Sometimes people like to hang out together, just a thought.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    If I was doing the Chicago shows I would stay there. Great job Heather. :)
  • Options
    If I was doing the Chicago shows I would stay there. Great job Heather. :)

At least we have Milwaukee, ;)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    nice!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    irieinindy wrote:
    At least we have Milwaukee, ;)

It's gonna be a great time. :D
  • Options
    I would wait until tomorrow afternoon to call because the block has not been listed yet, but call tomorrow afternoon and request a room in the 10 Club block. They should not charge you anything extra for double occupancy and you can choose between the $169 or the $229 rate on the executive level, they will be able to tell you the differences in the rooms.
    When you make your reservation email me and let me know when you will be there and when you guys are leaving and if more people stay at the hotel, I will arrange something.

Palmer House Hilton
    17 East Monroe Street, Chicago, Illinois, United States 60603
    Tel: 1-312-726-7500 Fax: 1-312-917-1707

BY THE WAY, when I said I have reserved rooms at this hotel at a lower rate, in know way did I mean it was the absolut cheapest you could find, I was just trying to block some rooms so that if you chose to we could stay in the same hotel. I would imagine that this rate would not compete with a "pay in advance, don't know what hotel I am staying in until after I have paid, and no refunds if I decide to cancel" type of booking service.

With this rate, it's a normal reservation with a credit card hold and a 24 hour cancel policy.
  • Options
    Room block will not be ready to book until tomorrow, the block is not in the system yet.

The $169.00 rate is almost $30 off their pay in advance, no cancel allowed rate. And they will only need a CC to hold room with a 24 hour cancel policy.

The $229 executive level rate is only $20 off their pay in advance rate, with no cancel allowed rate. Again this rate can be held with a CC and a 24 hour cancel notice.
    The executive rate includes, breakfast and happy hour drinks, which I know I will get my money's worth!;)
  • Options
    lostpuppylostpuppy Posts: 110
    I'll rent you a room in my house. $85. Comes complete with a twin bed, and a hot shower.
  • Options
    Sorry honey, I stopped doing that when I stopped following DMB, Phish or the Dead around the country in my VW bus.

Now, I like 4 stars, my own bed and bath, and some cute boy to carry my bags to my room, and oh yeah full service, room service! ;)
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    ---
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Last time I spent money to stay downtown for some shows I got chewed out by the old man! I guess it makes no sense to do it if you live 20-30 mins from downtown, but in the words of Manfred Mann:

"But Mama, that's where the fun is"

bleh
    Just me
  • Options
    I cant wait to meet all of you!!! It's my 30th birthday on Aug 23 and I can't think of a better way to spend it!!! BTW, I'm staying at the Hilton as well, so see ya there!!!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,114
    Anyone have 1-2 extra tix? C'mon, you know you do. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    i'll be in chicago for both shows....i'm stayin at the Congress Plaza....but i'll come hang at the hilton and down some drinks with you guys....where's the wishlist pre party gonna be, any word??
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2