Anyone ever hosted a Fantasy Football live draft?

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
what's some good sites for a draft kit with the big draft boards?
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I've used cbssports.com (formerly sportsline.com and cbs.sportsline.com for 10 years for football & baseball. The site's great, and they have the "big board". It's a bit pricey, but IMO you get what you pay for. Free sites are out there, but the quality tends to be poor from what I've seen (yahoo)
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    ^^

That's what we've been using

It doesn't make you draft any better though

:eh:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    We have used CBS as well for about 5 yrs as well. It works well and we are happy with it.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i miss the days of sitting around a living room or a bar and having the commish right down the names.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    81 wrote:
    i miss the days of sitting around a living room or a bar and having the commish right down the names.
    We still do it that way. Then the commish inputs everything online the next day.
    NERDS!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    We still do it that way. Then the commish inputs everything online the next day.

our problem is, i'm in the chicago area, one guy is in south carolina, sevearl are in toledo and i think one more is down in florida. i've not seen some of the guys i play with in 4+ years :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

our problem is, i'm in the chicago area, one guy is in south carolina, sevearl are in toledo and i think one more is down in florida. i've not seen some of the guys i play with in 4+ years :lol:

Easy solution....draft weekend in Vegas.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    We do ours in NYC at Dave & Busters in Times Square... People from Philly, CT and all over NJ... A once a year live get together is cool. They have a room with a large conference table and a buffet. It works great.
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I've played fantasy football for years, but this year is my first "live draft".

I think we are all throwing in $50 too. Should be fun!
  • with cbs.sportsline, you can do an online draft. they open up a draft room. you can have everyone draft from home, or get as many together as possible, and let the out of staters draft remotely. 2 problems:

The draft room ranks everyone, for all to see. So it makes it harder to get some sleepers, or just wait a few rounds for someone. Once he pops up on your screen as one of the top guys available, he pops up on everyone elses screen as well

getting together for the draft is one of the best things about fantasy sports. 2nd only to winning the championship, IMO.