2»

Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    DewieCox wrote:
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Well I like Sons of Sylvia but want to add
    I just noticed credit score.com is using unknown bands on their commercials now.
    Remember the, some thought slightly annoying, group of guys singing, stuck in the car, singing at the Renaissance Fair, singing as waiters at the seafood joint, now I've seen 3 different unknown bands, quite good, rocking out for the commercials instead. It says their band name at the start. I thought that was kind of cool for them.

I actually liked those little songs they sang on their commericals. :oops: You have to admit they were pretty catchy. But yes, cool for them to plug some lesser known bands instead.

I'm pretty sure it's a contest to be the new freecreditreport.com pitch band, unless they scrapped that plan. The commercials debuted during the MLB Allstar game and you could vote on them.
    A contest cool, I'm loving them, they are all their original lyrics too. Great idea. Wonder if more products will start that.
  • Options
    I don't think the North Mississippi Allstars are as widely known as they should be. These guys have done some fantastic stuff through the years. They are always up to something such as also playing in Hill Country Revue.
    Luther Dickinson, the singer, is also a member of the Black Crowes now. They stay busy.

Check 'em out...you won't be disappointed if you don't already know them...actually they deserve a thread all their own...but
    www.nmallstars.com
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    got one more that has my interest as of late. They're an Aussie group so I suppose that's why I'm just discovering them but perhaps other board members are more familiar. The Beautiful Girls. They have such a diverse sound...a lot of raggae influence but then the next thing you know I'll hear a song that reminds me of the black keys. I beleive they've been around for a while. Check them out: http://www.thebeautifulgirls.com/index.php
    We were but stones your light made us stars