Drew Brees book -- Coming Back Stronger

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I just have to say Drew Brees new book - Coming Back Stronger -- is one of the most inspiring and motivating books I have ever read in my life. Its not at all just a biography of a guy who is pro athlete superstar and just won the super bowl so he's taking advantage of the hype etc etc etc. I'm a big fan of biography's and motivational people and this was by far the best. Its amazing how his career in ways paralleled the city of New Orleans and how they came together and conquered. I am a Giants fan but will never forget this past super bowl.

I highly recommend this book if you can't tell! The world is a better place with people like Brees around. A true story of regaining hope and believing.
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cool, even when he loses, he's tough as nails.
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    He is a a class act, quite a contrast to the King. Always liked him and was pretty happy that he was able to get a ring. The guy has put up some huge numbers the last few years.
  • Yea,...really the best parts of the book are on non-football related topics. Though there's a chapter that gives a behind the scenes look into his free agency a few years ago. It breaks down the Miami vs. New Orleans decision and is really really intense and good. In addition to destroying his throwing shoulder a few years ago, he also blew out his knee real bad in highschool. A tough tough dude....
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra