Boxing: K.O without being punched,

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Danny Green who just beat Roy Jones jnr within a round fought a guy called Paul Briggs last night. Briggs was hardly touched. the 'knockout blow' didn't even connect and went down for the count. 29secs into the main event.

I would be so mad if I paid to go see that fight,

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article ... -it-green/
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,031
    That blows. Was it PPV?
    Kinda reminds me of Tyson v. Spinks. Had to piss as that fight started but thought I should wait. Glad I did. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    mickeyrat wrote:
    That blows. Was it PPV?
    Kinda reminds me of Tyson v. Spinks. Had to piss as that fight started but thought I should wait. Glad I did. :mrgreen:

haha

I presume it was ppv.

Green is a good fighter Knocked Roy Jones out in less than around. He seems ike a good guy too. Boxers are usually up em selves, He isn't as much which is quite refreshing :)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    after seeing that on the news first thing that came to mind was the Ali, Liston phantom punch.... :?
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    pjfan31 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    That blows. Was it PPV?

haha

I presume it was ppv.

Green is a good fighter Knocked Roy Jones out in less than around. He seems ike a good guy too. Boxers are usually up em selves, He isn't as much which is quite refreshing :)
    Danny Green is a champ :D Really grounded and not arrogant, though still manages to exude confidence.

Nice bloke :) Oh, and he's from an awesome state too!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Yeah I smell a rat in the Briggs camp. The betting was suspended on the fight yesterday because a shitload of cash was dumped on a first round knockout. The punch that dropped was so lame. Having said that I reckon Danny's a straight guy and had nothing to do with it but he should be overseas chasing up better quality opponents.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Austicman wrote:
    Yeah I smell a rat in the Briggs camp. The betting was suspended on the fight yesterday because a shitload of cash was dumped on a first round knockout. The punch that dropped was so lame. Having said that I reckon Danny's a straight guy and had nothing to do with it but he should be overseas chasing up better quality opponents.

a fix... in boxing???? what an outrageous accusation. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    It was PPV - $49.95. We had a friend over last night and were considering watching the fight but decided against it because of the hefty price tag. I'm glad I didn't watch it now. What a farce - Green's comments after the fight were right on the money!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Green is a shmuck.
    Pick a worthy opponent you idiot!
    How could this fight have been given the green light?
    Seeing his oponent hasn't fought in 3 years and is rumoured to have mental issues due to numerous blows to the head.
    What a farce, and Green mouthing off in the ring after the ''KO'' then retracting his comments the next day on the news was a disgrace, he has lost any respect he had.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014