Dynasty Fantasy football

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone interested in playing in a dynasty league?
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    How's that different than reg fantasy football?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    think keeper league, but instead of keeping one or two players, you keep your entire team from season to season. however, there is a draft during the off season for rookies coming in from college.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    If it looks anything like this, I'M IN!

Dynasty.jpg
  • Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
    I'm interested ..... send me a PM with details
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    81 wrote:
    think keeper league, but instead of keeping one or two players, you keep your entire team from season to season. however, there is a draft during the off season for rookies coming in from college.

It's fun. Been in one for 5 years now. It takes a long time to build a team back. And injuries can literally kill a season. Well, we have 14 teams in this league, and 20 roster spots...so it's thin on the waivers.
    hippiemom = goodness
    81 wrote:

It's fun. Been in one for 5 years now. It takes a long time to build a team back. And injuries can literally kill a season. Well, we have 14 teams in this league, and 20 roster spots...so it's thin on the waivers.

cool.

couple of questions.

what does your starting roster look like? do you a DL list? how do you handle the rookie draft? do you expand rosters during the off season for the draft, then have cut down down after the draft?

seems like the offseason would be pretty tricky.

what website do you use to manage your league? is there a cost there?

thanks in advance
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Yield151 wrote:
    I'm interested ..... send me a PM with details

just begining the research phase, but i will save a spot for you if i start one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    If it looks anything like this, I'M IN!

you and legs can share a team. they say couples that play together, stay together. 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

cool.

couple of questions.

what does your starting roster look like? do you a DL list? how do you handle the rookie draft? do you expand rosters during the off season for the draft, then have cut down down after the draft?

seems like the offseason would be pretty tricky.

what website do you use to manage your league? is there a cost there?

thanks in advance

Funny, we've wrestled and changed much of what you are asking.

#1) 20 player roster, we start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1K, and 1 Team Defense.
    #2) We do the rookie draft, basically over email. 2 rounds - no snake. Give each team 48 hours to make a pick, so we start it early.
    #3) Yes, before the draft we expand rosters to 22, then reduce to 20 the day before the season starts
    #4) We originally had an off-season but only a few people paid attention and picked up a ton of guys. So, now we freeze the league until the next season. We also didn't use to use waivers, so anyone could claim any player at a moments notice...we've added waivers so the guy who has no life doesn't get every player anymore. By the way, he's pissed and constantly whines a bout going back to the old way. ;) We may start using an off-season again though. personally, I don't like the off-season.
    #5) We started at Yahoo...now we are at FleaFlicker. Free. Yahoo couldn't handled dynasty so it was a big pain...we switched...and now I yahoo can handle it. Fleaflicker is ok.
    hippiemom = goodness
    thanks....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    not sure about a dynasty team but i'd be willing to do a regular old one on yahoo.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC