nude dude in the woods

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So I was in the Florida Keys this part weekend and decided to take a little excursion with my g/f in a 10 foot boat with a 2.2 hp engine.

We explored canals and areas where there were very few people. We even found an old rope swing. That was a blast. I told my g/f to do it naked, but she wouldnt do it. I know what you're thinking, but dont even think about it...a rope burn on the crotch would be bad. so after a few tarzan yells, we continued on, and came out of the canals and found our way to the open atlantic ocean. The seas were a little rough and choppy so we hugged the coast as we made our way back to the house. But before we made it back to the house we were running along very slowly about 50 yard off shore and there was a small beach with a few random people here and there. I don't know why it caught my eye, but I saw a guy come out of the bushes and begin to walk along the beach very quickly. Then right behind him I saw another guy in the bushes, but I could only see him from the waist up at first, and he was bare chested. Then the guy decided to come out of the bushes and stand on the beach near the water and stretch his arms like he just woke up. He was nude as the day he was born! He had quite a big belly-gut and I could barely see his taliwhacker from way out there, but my g/f broke out laughing and tried to conatin herself. I don't think he could hear her or even cared cause he still just stood there rubbing his big old belly. he looked comfortably an I was jealous that he felt so free. There's something about the keys that encourages nudity. And strangely, I didnt care.

I though about that scene in Something about Mary at the rest stop though. I assume those guys were doing things that i'd rather not see. And luckily for them, there werent too many people nearby, but down the beach another 50 yard was a group of people, a kid, and their dog. Then I wondered to myself, (aside from the hanky panky that was probably goin on), what is the protocol for nudity when you have seen your limit? do you call the cops? I assume if it's a pretty woman who's galivanting nude, she might get away with it a little longer than big belly boy.

If there are kids nearby, of course it is inappropriate and the cops should be called. but i've seen random nudity in the keys all over the place. it's weird down there. Being nude in public is just plain weird, but I would say that the Keys are much more carefree about things, maybe like europe a bit.
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I agree with you that the rules are probably unfairly different when it's big-belly-anygender and lithe tight young thing. But either way it's probably uncomfortable for the parents of the kids, if the kids in fact see anything.

Of course, the parents could just explain that it's the native fauna.

Glad you didn't have a misadventure with the rope swing.

:?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    When I was a kid my family went on vacation to Amagansett on Long Island. A low-key beach area where you walk to the beach. Not too many people. I was maybe 6, and my two sisters 8 and 10.

One day we're walking on the beach, and we decide to walk up a giant dune. My 8 year old sister gets to the top way ahead of us. She looks down in the sand-crater on the opposite side then turns around to us and yells "NAKED PEOPLE!"

...sure enough, even with our attempts to run fast after that announcement, we missed the excitement, and ruined the couple's presumed attempt at a seamless tan line.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The keys are awesome and the locals very free hippie-ish souls, at least what I have experienced over the past 40 years. I would love to be able to call myself a local but it won't be anytime soon. Love it there, I think I could belong :D oh yeah
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    key west is a fun little place. went there a few years back with my girlfriend and there is actually a nude bar on duval street. its a roof top bar above like 3 other bars. my girlfriend and i went up there out of curiosity, and yup.... pretty much only the bartenders were naked,and only a few customers. we had a drink and left. shame too... aside from the naked people, it seemed like a cool place to catch a beer.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    As an avid hot springer in the part of the world best known for hot springs, (to quote 6th Sense) I see naked people everywhere. However, there is a rule you must get yourself used to and that is - the less you want to see a specific individual naked, the more likely it is going to happen. Sadly, the inverse of that rule is true as well.

Here is an article I wrote that touches on the issue... and other things.

http://www.idahohotsprings.com/educatio ... -idaho.htm
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    rival. wrote:
    key west is a fun little place. went there a few years back with my girlfriend and there is actually a nude bar on duval street. its a roof top bar above like 3 other bars. my girlfriend and i went up there out of curiosity, and yup.... pretty much only the bartenders were naked,and only a few customers. we had a drink and left. shame too... aside from the naked people, it seemed like a cool place to catch a beer.

haha, I stopped in there once too for a beer too. There was a body painting tent where some chick got her boobs painted, and there was a guy getting his junk painted. He got a ruler painted on his schlong. I didnt stick around long enough to see the final measurements though :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    eyedclaar wrote:
    As an avid hot springer in the part of the world best known for hot springs, (to quote 6th Sense) I see naked people everywhere. However, there is a rule you must get yourself used to and that is - the less you want to see a specific individual naked, the more likely it is going to happen. Sadly, the inverse of that rule is true as well.

This is true, my wife grew up near a nude beach, she said all you ever saw was old people. You look out your window, old naked guy walking by, great.
    rival. wrote:

haha, I stopped in there once too for a beer too. There was a body painting tent where some chick got her boobs painted, and there was a guy getting his junk painted. He got a ruler painted on his schlong. I didnt stick around long enough to see the final measurements though :lol:

Centimeters are hard to paint.
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

This is true, my wife grew up near a nude beach, she said all you ever saw was old people. You look out your window, old naked guy walking by, great.

Yeah, when they say they are comfortable in their own flesh, all I really hear is, "I have given up and don't care who knows..."

eyedclaar wrote:

good read. interesting how people disrobe when freezing, deleriously thinking they're overheating. wow.

I just think there are a lot of people out there just looking for any reason to show you that their bellys are huge and they havent seen their own privates in years.
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    CJMST3K wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Centimeters are hard to paint.

:mrgreen:
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I came upon a nude beach on the Wisconsin River.

I was 8-9 at the time, and was canoeing with my dad, grandpa and brother. Came around a bend and BOOM...nude beach. There had to be at least 30 people there.

Nude beach on a river in Wisconsin.... :shock:

Fat, pale, Wisconsin people playing volleyball... :shock: :o I'll never get that site out of my mind! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    I came upon a nude beach on the Wisconsin River.

I was 8-9 at the time, and was canoeing with my dad, grandpa and brother. Came around a bend and BOOM...nude beach. There had to be at least 30 people there.

Nude beach on a river in Wisconsin.... :shock:

Fat, pale, Wisconsin people playing volleyball... :shock: :o I'll never get that site out of my mind! :lol:

Good god, man, that's just horrible.

mca47 wrote:

Good luck with getting the "truffle shuffle" out of your mind too.

Take it away, Chunk!

Truffle_Shuffle.gif
    CJMST3K wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Good luck with getting the "truffle shuffle" out of your mind too.

Take it away, Chunk!

Truffle_Shuffle.gif

Sadly, I wouldnt be surprised if he ended up as one of those nudists in Wisconsin. I can't believe I just said that.