Power of a Child

pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I went to see Despicable Me with my adult daughter yesterday.
I can count on her, she me, to have a companion for the latest kids flick.
Not only are the stories visually entertaining but they have wonderful life lessons,
good music and they are hilarious so I get to hear all the little ones laugh in the theatre.
That is the very best of all. Sharing the fun with them.
I really miss little giggles. They are a treasure in life.

This movie did not disappoint. It was awesome.
I had no idea what the plot was besides the fact that Steve Carell's voice was that of a villain,
it would be his story instead of a hero's story.
They did a great job with a little resemblance to him also
and the minions and "family dog" are way cute.

It was more than touching. It's message beautiful,
for me that was of the power of a child in an adults life.
That children change life, giving it purpose,
how innocence can soften the hardest of hearts and let love in.
Leaving the theatre I looked around at all the smiling families,
I couldn't help but think we were all feeling much more blessed than we did upon entering.
For at least a little while we had a new appreciation for the simple things in life,
the simplest, purest thing of all, a child's love.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I miss my boys being little. It was the most fun time of my life. :(
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Took two of my kids to it last week... My daughter finally got comfortable with wearing 3-D glasses and she was amazed at it... They made small ones finally for the kids...

Watching a movie through your kids eyes is one of the top experiences of parenting for me... My 7 year old said there was not enough violence :lol: :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Michael Jackson loved children....
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I miss my boys being little. It was the most fun time of my life. :(
    me too :( waitin on grand babies now :thumbup:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    A childs love is - unconditional - it's a pure form of love... Keeps me smiling and laughing every day.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    Took two of my kids to it last week... My daughter finally got comfortable with wearing 3-D glasses and she was amazed at it... They made small ones finally for the kids...

Watching a movie through your kids eyes is one of the top experiences of parenting for me... My 7 year old said there was not enough violence :lol: :?
    Not enough violence, that sounds like a 7 year old boy liking his action films, I can see that. It did seem geared a bit for the under 7 crowd :lol: and you and me :lol:
    Michael Jackson loved children....
    Michael Jackson was a child in his head.....
    mikalina wrote:
    A childs love is - unconditional - it's a pure form of love... Keeps me smiling and laughing every day.
    I betcha you are one awesome Mom too :clap:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    mikalina wrote:

reminds me of my dog, no offense
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

me thinkth your dog is like your child and part of the family :thumbup:
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    pandora wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

My dog treats me better than most people do,.... and I in turn do the same for her. ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

My dog treats me better than most people do,.... and I in turn do the same for her. ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal"!! well mostly ;)
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    My son is two and a half, and nothing I have ever experienced in my life makes me feel like he does... I want to keep him at this age forever :D
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    My son is two and a half, and nothing I have ever experienced in my life makes me feel like he does... I want to keep him at this age forever :D
    Oh you have so many happy years ahead, so many firsts, each more special than the last. We can keep them forever young in our hearts though, this I know because my 20 somethings are still my babies :D
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    My boys (ages 10 and 14) went to see this with their Dad this weekend. They don't have much of a relationship with their MOSTLY ABSENT father.
    When I asked the kids how it was they smiled and said GOOD, the standard answer.
    I sure hope their dad got something out of it.

Thanks for sharing Pandora. I'm going to have to make a point of seeeing this.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    PJPixie wrote:
    My boys (ages 10 and 14) went to see this with their Dad this weekend. They don't have much of a relationship with their MOSTLY ABSENT father.
    When I asked the kids how it was they smiled and said GOOD, the standard answer.
    I sure hope their dad got something out of it.

Thanks for sharing Pandora. I'm going to have to make a point of seeeing this.
    Hey thanks for reading :)
    I hope Dad got something out of it too, its never too late to be there for your kids, although guilt can try to shame us out of it. I know you'll love the movie, maybe rent when the time comes for a repeat with the boys, might give you an opportunity to discuss the world in general.
    Good luck to you and your young men.