So some old Greek guy called me a woman?

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
3am in the city after a night out walking to a Greek restaurant to grab something to eat, a worker was outside having a smoke and kept staring at me as me and my friend approached ( I was wondering then, wtf is he staring at) then he points at me and yells ''woman'' twice (in reference to my long hair).
What a a'hole, he didn't realise we were going to his restaurant (didn't deserve my $11), if he was younger I would have punched him in the face.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I love long hair 8-) , he behaved like an absolute idiot!
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    my hair is pretty long too, and i've been in that kind of sinario so often now, that its just like water of a ducks back.

I just think of it as they are just too scared to be original, and be them selves, that they take it out on us. :lol:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i think u are so lucky that he didnt grab your ass!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • matabelematabele Posts: 277
    So that dumbassed mentality still exists????
    A buddy and myself had really long hair a while back, we were driving down the road when we saw a group of guys we knew. They waved at us and my friend says they want to speak to us, we turn around and when we get to them they all crack up laughing! "Hey man, we thought you were babes and we were getting lucky"
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I can empathize but have to say that it's far worse to be a tall woman with short hair and, um, modestly-proportioned upper curves.

Yes, I have gotten the occasional "can I help you, sir?" much to my husband's amusement.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    This past june I was at a festival and only on one day of it, at least 10 people randomly came up and just touched me and walked away. My hair is getting kinda long and i was wearing a sarong. but that was kinda weird. I wonder if they were making sure i was really there
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    This past june I was at a festival and only on one day of it, at least 10 people randomly came up and just touched me and walked away. My hair is getting kinda long and i was wearing a sarong. but that was kinda weird. I wonder if they were making sure i was really there
    do they touch your hand, shoulder, or hair?
    do they touch your face, look you in the eyes, then dart away as fast as possible?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    ive never been referred to as a chic.
    for me this is good.

i've had long stupid crazy hair filled with beads and hippied out poka dot string.

weird deal.
    those are the years i don't know about...

so yeah i guess i coulda been a chic.
    weird deal.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    3am in the city after a night out walking to a Greek restaurant to grab something to eat, a worker was outside having a smoke and kept staring at me as me and my friend approached ( I was wondering then, wtf is he staring at) then he points at me and yells ''woman'' twice (in reference to my long hair).
    What a a'hole, he didn't realise we were going to his restaurant (didn't deserve my $11), if he was younger I would have punched him in the face.

told you not to carry that handbag.. what with that and the long hair it was bound to happen sooner or later.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I can empathize but have to say that it's far worse to be a tall woman with short hair and, um, modestly-proportioned upper curves.

Yes, I have gotten the occasional "can I help you, sir?" much to my husband's amusement.

:oops: I had quite short hair for a while when I was about 19. I decided to grow it out when my mum called me my brothers name!!! :o:lol:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    So where did you say my grandfather was again?

P.S. Why do Greeks make the best soldiers?
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    mdigenakis wrote:
    They never leave their buddy's behind.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165

told you not to carry that handbag.. what with that and the long hair it was bound to happen sooner or later.

It wasn't a handbag, it was a manbag.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Still pissed off about it, wish I said something.
    Sick of ignorant people (including my family) harassing me over my long hair.
    Maybe I would've told him fuck off and told him his saviour is a woman as well (Greeks here are very religious, Jesus has long hair in all paintings of him).
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    First Exit Said.....
    "Sick of ignorant people (including my family) harassing me over my long hair.
    Maybe I would've told him fuck off "

I say....." I think long hair on a Man looks good but the hair must be looked after.
    I think a good attitude looks and acts much better than a haircut.
    When that maid outside the resturant taunted you and called you a girly man, TWICE!.
    YOU could've started a fight, but your a better person..........because.....
    .......God Bless Pearl Jam..................
    :D
    " talking bout my generation"..............
    Would of, could of, should of....Hindsight is a MARVELLOUS thing. :D
    Jo wrote:
    First Exit Said.....
    "Sick of ignorant people (including my family) harassing me over my long hair.
    Maybe I would've told him fuck off "

I say....." I think long hair on a Man looks good but the hair must be looked after.
    I think a good attitude looks and acts much better than a haircut.
    When that maid outside the resturant taunted you and called you a girly man, TWICE!.
    YOU could've started a fight, but your a better person..........because.....
    .......God Bless Pearl Jam..................
    :D
    " talking bout my generation"..............
    Would of, could of, should of....Hindsight is a MARVELLOUS thing. :D

First Exit didn't say that, I did lol???
    Sorry, I did know that........bugga..........

So to you Thoughts Arrive I say Maybe it's the way you walk?

lol.
    Jo wrote:
    Sorry, I did know that........bugga..........

So to you Thoughts Arrive I say Maybe it's the way you walk?

lol.

nope.
    So First Exit if your reading this, I asked what came first re chickens and eggs.

Scientists just found out an EGG can not be made without a certain Protien from the Chicken.......ALRIGHT! :twisted:

To the OP.
    Your saying that men in the street call you a woman, but it's not because of your long hair, carrying a handbag or the way you walk.......

I think Thoughts Arrives needs to send a film of himself to D and let this Thread.......continue :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    meh....

i used to wear an earing way way way back when. my dad liked to imply that it meant that i was a little fruity.

whatever.

but yeah, might have been worth telling the mgr. might have gotten a free meal out of it :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Poncier wrote:
    mdigenakis wrote:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Poncier wrote:
    mdigenakis wrote:
    It's pretty funny Jimmy.

-Greg Dulli

mdigenakis wrote:
    It's pretty funny Jimmy.
    :D yep it is...hope u are doing good :)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    My son was called Jesus last year in his dorm—all in good fun. Since then he has cut it but not before he was actually jumped due to his long hair. He was riding his bike late at night off campus and some punks made some remark about his hair so he said F**k you to them and rode off. Then he hits a dead end. Yes, he had to turn around and go back and the 4 guys pull him off his bike and proceed to kick the shit out of him. Nice, huh? And I am not saying he went out the next day and found one of the punks and kicked the shit out of him – nope, not saying that.
    :|

I was shocked people have some problem with people’s hair length in 2010 and need to say it out loud. Geez.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    mdigenakis wrote:
    It's pretty funny Jimmy.
    :D yep it is...hope u are doing good :)
    I've got the summer off, so i'm awesome! How are you holding up?

-Greg Dulli

mdigenakis wrote:
    cool.had the time of my life,see the band 10 times in europe show...im missing tour,and i dont have money.. :lol:
    mdigenakis wrote:
    cool.had the time of my life,see the band 10 times in europe show...im missing tour,and i dont have money.. :lol:
    Awesome! I saw the second show at the Garden in NYC and it was great! Trying to catch some more concerts in the area, but money is the issue here too.

-Greg Dulli

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Lizard wrote:
    My son was called Jesus last year in his dorm—all in good fun. Since then he has cut it but not before he was actually jumped due to his long hair. He was riding his bike late at night off campus and some punks made some remark about his hair so he said F**k you to them and rode off. Then he hits a dead end. Yes, he had to turn around and go back and the 4 guys pull him off his bike and proceed to kick the shit out of him. Nice, huh? And I am not saying he went out the next day and found one of the punks and kicked the shit out of him – nope, not saying that.

I was shocked people have some problem with people’s hair length in 2010 and need to say it out loud. Geez.

Thats horrible!! WTF is wrong with people!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    Lizard wrote:

when i was in 7th grade i had a spike haircut thing goin on.
    i walk into the men's restroom @ school.
    some dude is in there smokin a cigarette.
    it's johnny gweedo.

gweedo: are you fagget?
    your hair looks gay as fuck.
    do you wanna fight?

chadwick: yes i want to fight and no im not gay.
    i will beat your stupid ass for you though.

gweedo: im out of here.
    you're lucky we're at school.

oddly enough over the years i whipped his punk ass @ least twice.
    piece of dog shit.
    he's lucky i never broke his arm when i had it bent behind his stupid head.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

It wasn't a handbag, it was a manbag.

of course it was. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say