Options

new goal

InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
edited August 2008 in The Porch
i have a new roomate so my new goal is to get him addicted to pearl jam!
PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    shouldn't be a problem. Just start playing bootlegs all the time. You can't help but start to love them. Your roomate should be addicted in no time.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    shouldn't be a problem. Just start playing bootlegs all the time. You can't help but start to love them. Your roomate should be addicted in no time.

that could backfire, the roommate could move out!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    its time to set better goals for yourself
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    that was my goal for the past 6 years with my brother, still nothing and now he's in college and says he hates pearl jam
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    MooseHorn wrote:
    its time to set better goals for yourself

LMAO! good point.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298

My feelings for Phish used to be somewhere on the positive side of neutral. Then I dated a guy who was obsessed with them and played them all the time to try to get me to love them. Sometimes he would listen to the same song nonstop for weeks. The forcefeeding was total Pavlovian conditioning. I wish I could still feel the same mild interest I had before, but I have a conditioned emotional response of "yuck" when I hear them.

You should do some classical conditioning with positive things...whenever you play Pearl Jam, offer him a beer. You wouldn't think this would work, but classical conditioning (emotional associations) is much stronger than operant conditioning (knowing the consequences of your actions). Of course he will also have the positive experience of hearing some great music, so maybe you can't fail. :-)

Melissa
  • Options
    DariusDarius Posts: 89
    wouldn't it be easier to stand over his bed as he sleeps and sing him the entire catalog? it's things like that which makes the joys of having a roommie seem that much more exciting sometimes. :)
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08
  • Options
    my roommate watched immagine in cornice with me the other day and asked me different things about the band. otherwise i try not to say much about pj so he doesnt go crazy
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    melva02 wrote:
    My feelings for Phish used to be somewhere on the positive side of neutral. Then I dated a guy who was obsessed with them and played them all the time to try to get me to love them. Sometimes he would listen to the same song nonstop for weeks. The forcefeeding was total Pavlovian conditioning. I wish I could still feel the same mild interest I had before, but I have a conditioned emotional response of "yuck" when I hear them.

You should do some classical conditioning with positive things...whenever you play Pearl Jam, offer him a beer. You wouldn't think this would work, but classical conditioning (emotional associations) is much stronger than operant conditioning (knowing the consequences of your actions). Of course he will also have the positive experience of hearing some great music, so maybe you can't fail. :-)

Melissa

speaking of phish i go to uvm and this is where they came started
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    pweafer4 wrote:
    speaking of phish i go to uvm and this is where they came started

Yes and they really are good, and I think it would have been a ton of fun to see them live. But I dated this guy after Phish broke up and I can't shake the yuck feeling from being forcefed. :-(

Pweafer4, you should let your roommate have your other 10C ticket for a show sometime, that will get him hooked.
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    Your telling us you didn't bring it up at the interview stage
    school boy error
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07