Fantasy Football

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
It's almost that time.

Just waiting for draft day. But i did find out that i have the number one pick in my big money leage.

so who to take?

Johnson
Peterson
Jones-Drew
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Either Johnson or Peterson, tough to choose. And your second pick, if he hasn't been picked yet, choose Breese. You get so much points from him.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • I'd go with Chris Johnson
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Newch91 wrote:
    Either Johnson or Peterson, tough to choose. And your second pick, if he hasn't been picked yet, choose Breese. You get so much points from him.

Johnson was a beast, but historically when a back has a season like he had, the next season they fall off big time. plus he is a little on the small size, so i worry about injury.

i doubt brees will be there when i finally get to pick again, if he is tho, it would be a good pick.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Points per reception league? I would say Ray Rice or Chris Johnson....Rice is an animal, it sucks to say that since I'm a Steelers fan and from Pittsburgh, but he won me my league last year
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    I was just thinking about fantasy football actually...

I dont think I am going to do it this year.. none of my friends like football :lol: :(

I would go Peterson
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    dps79 wrote:
    Points per reception league? I would say Ray Rice or Chris Johnson....Rice is an animal, it sucks to say that since I'm a Steelers fan and from Pittsburgh, but he won me my league last year

yes, point per reception. wow. i just checked out his stats and he's like 30 catches above they other guys on my list.

clearly, i need to start research.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    FrankieG wrote:
    I was just thinking about fantasy football actually...

I dont think I am going to do it this year.. none of my friends like football :lol: :(

I would go Peterson

i'm sure there will be a PJ or two or three leagues forming.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Does your league deduct for fumbles? If so, definitely stay away from AP. It would be hard not to draft Chris Johnson #1....
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    81 wrote:
    It's almost that time.

Just waiting for draft day. But i did find out that i have the number one pick in my big money leage.

so who to take?

Johnson
    Peterson
    Jones-Drew

Is it a PPR league?

I say Peterson. No more Chester Taylor means more 3rd down work for him and he is already a beast running the ball. Has a more stable offense (if Favre comes back)...no one could blame you for either Peterson or Johnson though.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:
    It's almost that time.

so who to take?

Johnson
    Peterson
    Jones-Drew

Gotta see how it plays out but Johnson may be a Hold Out when the season starts
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    81 wrote:
    dps79 wrote:
    Points per reception league? I would say Ray Rice or Chris Johnson....Rice is an animal, it sucks to say that since I'm a Steelers fan and from Pittsburgh, but he won me my league last year

yes, point per reception. wow. i just checked out his stats and he's like 30 catches above they other guys on my list.

clearly, i need to start research.

Careful with R.Rice though....certainly a top 4 pick for sure. But with the potential of McGhee and McClain stealing goalline carries....no way I pick him #1 over AP or CJ.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Does your league deduct for fumbles? If so, definitely stay away from AP. It would be hard not to draft Chris Johnson #1....

2 point deduction i think. not a big enough deal to not draft him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    It's almost that time.

so who to take?

Johnson
    Peterson
    Jones-Drew

Is it a PPR league?

I say Peterson. No more Chester Taylor means more 3rd down work for him and he is already a beast running the ball. Has a more stable offense (if Favre comes back)...no one could blame you for either Peterson or Johnson though.

good point on the Taylor. they drafted the kid out of stanford right?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    It's almost that time.

so who to take?

Johnson
    Peterson
    Jones-Drew

Is it a PPR league?

good point on the Taylor. they drafted the kid out of stanford right?

Yep. Gerhart. Could steal away goaline carries, but it's Allday we are talking about, so I doubt much. And Gerhart certainly isn't as big a threat as a 3rd down back.

I'm a bit partial. I have AP as 1 of my 2 keepers in a 16 team league. Of course, I won it last year so maybe that says something. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • if you wanna be really risky though, you could take tom brady first. i think he'll have a good comeback year, especially if the rumors that they might add TO are true
    if you wanna be really risky though, you could take tom brady first. i think he'll have a good comeback year, especially if the rumors that they might add TO are true

Depending on how many teams are in the league...Tom Brady's will be drafted in 3rd round, so if he really wants Brady, I say wait till his pick at the end of round 2. Of course, I still think everyone should wait till about the 5th or 6th round and use the earlier picks for RB and WR. Also, if TE is a position you start, I'd wait for a long time there as there are many available options...again depends on how many teams in your league...but (assuming 12 teams) you can wait as late as round 10 unless a bargain arrives earlier.
    hippiemom = goodness
    we are 10 team leage. fairly normal scoring for tds, rushing, passing, and recieving with reception points.

the receiption point really makes the wr's and backs that catch a ton of passes good pick ups.

with my 2nd and 3rd picsk i'll most likely grab wr's unless Drew or maybe Payton drop that low. i also like to draft my 2nd rb later becasue by that time, all the high end ones are gone, so you can get a few in the later rounds that have question marks, but one or two typically pan out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    we are 10 team leage. fairly normal scoring for tds, rushing, passing, and recieving with reception points.

the receiption point really makes the wr's and backs that catch a ton of passes good pick ups.

with my 2nd and 3rd picsk i'll most likely grab wr's unless Drew or maybe Payton drop that low. i also like to draft my 2nd rb later becasue by that time, all the high end ones are gone, so you can get a few in the later rounds that have question marks, but one or two typically pan out.

10 team league? Man, all the rosters will be good. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    they will all be solid, but its all about how incrementally better you are.

i played in an 18 team leage last year. talk about a thin free agent pool.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    I'd go with Chris Johnson

concur.
    www.myspace.com
    Does anyone play in a dynasty league? Anyone interested in playing in one?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg