A tale.

Chip McFlenniganChip McFlennigan Posts: 1,162
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
One day, a woman was walking home from a nearby village where she had gone to get a couple loaves of bread. On the walk back to her village, she spotted a stone in some brush. She recognized immediately that this particular stone would be worth a fortune and, she'd never have to worry again, as she could live a life of luxury thanks to this rare gem.

A little bit later, she came upon a homeless man, and he said "could you spare me a piece of bread?" With no hesitation, the woman broke a piece of bread from one of the loaves, and gave it to this man.

Looking at the woman's bag, he caught a glimpse of the stone, and looked up at the woman. "May I . . . have that stone you've got there?" Without hesitation, the woman handed the man the stone.

"Good day," they exchanged.

A couple days later, the woman was leaving her village, when the homeless man was waiting for her.

"I need one more thing from you," said the man.

"What's that?" she replied.

"I need what you have inside. What it took for you to give a fortune up to a stranger, with no second thoughts. I need that to be truly wealthy."
I knew it all along, see?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    i think you forgot the punch line...?
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    :?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • It's a nice story.

At least I think so.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Did he use a knife?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Too nice.

Give me something badass!
  • I'm out. Time for practice.
    :wave:
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Very Deep J.A. I think a bit of science fiction in this day and age unfortunately so.

However, my question is...She bought two loaves of bread. She found a rare gem that "...would be worth a fortune and, she'd never have to worry again..." They guy asks her for some bread and she breaks off a piece. A PIECE!!! CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!! JUST GIVE HIM THE WHOLE LOAF OR BOTH FOR THAT MATTER! JEEZ!!!!!!! :lol:

just kidding....

its a great story...should teach us a lot. That we truly, at some points in our lives, want for nothing.
    nice job and post JA. ;)
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    pssssssssssssst ziggy who is he

He's Johnny America!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    pssssssssssssst ziggy who is he

He's Johnny America!

Damn right He IS!!! and He's from Jersey!!! ya that's all i got
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I think it's a nice tale.
    What's wrong with it?
    Not enough excitement for the way of the world today, that's all.
    For one, I only wish people could be so nice to each other.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    john american....
    super-hero
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    One day, a woman was walking home from a nearby village where she had gone to get a couple loaves of bread. On the walk back to her village, she spotted a stone in some brush. She recognized immediately that this particular stone would be worth a fortune and, she'd never have to worry again, as she could live a life of luxury thanks to this rare gem.

A little bit later, she came upon a homeless man, and he said "could you spare me a piece of bread?" With no hesitation, the woman broke a piece of bread from one of the loaves, and gave it to this man.

Looking at the woman's bag, he caught a glimpse of the stone, and looked up at the woman. "May I . . . have that stone you've got there?" Without hesitation, the woman handed the man the stone.

A couple days later, the woman was leaving her village, when the homeless man was waiting for her.

"I need what you have inside. What it took for you to give a fortune up to a stranger, with no second thoughts. I need that to be truly wealthy."
    Thats a lovely story, with an awesome message, thank you
    StillHere wrote:
    What's wrong with it?

There's nothing wrong with it at all......I was just giving JA some shit.......it's a lovely story.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    What's wrong with it?

There's nothing wrong with it at all......I was just giving JA some shit.......it's a lovely story.

Well, ZS, I guess that's OK then...heheheeeeee
    we'll let it slide...
    I figured you were jk
    :lol:
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Nice.

But that is a very greedy homeless man!!!
    8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    Nice.

But that is a very greedy homeless man!!!
    8-)

I was a thinking that too
    Nice lady....
    Man who just can't get enough outta ppl
    At least she was nice
    We should all be so nice hahahahaaa
    I would have been, like.

er..um...noooooooooooooooooooooo

Geez, man

:lol:
    peace,
    jo

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    It's good to have you back JA ... good story
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Thanks peeps.

JA is trying to lighten things up around here.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    And we appreciate it!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    And we appreciate it!

Thanks babeh.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    You're welcome Elvis. ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Thanks peeps.

I don't know where the hell you came from, but i don't appericate outsourcing ;) your stepping on toes pal, my toes. :o

i shall deal w/ u in the Morning, good night sir::::walks backwards keeping a keen eye on mr so called johnny america:::fade to black:::
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054

How nice, reminds me of my next door neighbour. He'd give you the shirt off his back if it was the last thing he owned. Top bloke, but some people take advantage of him.
  • One day, a woman was walking home from a nearby village where she had gone to get a couple loaves of bread. On the walk back to her village, she spotted a stone in some brush. She recognized immediately that this particular stone would be worth a fortune and, she'd never have to worry again, as she could live a life of luxury thanks to this rare gem.

How nice, reminds me of my next door neighbour. He'd give you the shirt off his back if it was the last thing he owned. Top bloke, but some people take advantage of him.

Interesting! Reminds me of this Australian guy I always take advantage of. I've gotten so many free shirts off this fool . . . .
  • KOYOURASS wrote:
    Thanks peeps.

I don't know where the hell you came from, but i don't appericate outsourcing ;) your stepping on toes pal, my toes. :o

i shall deal w/ u in the Morning, good night sir::::walks backwards keeping a keen eye on mr so called johnny america:::fade to black:::

Go ahead and try, pal. J. America never backs down from a challenge, unless that challenge is "who is better at backing down from challenges?"!
    Intresting, i shall have to consider, for now i will kill you with kindness, but be warned there is a flipside, YA THERE IS!!!