Lunch at Work

FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I need some new suggestions. I am getting sick and tired of my lame routine.

What are some good ideas for a cheap, packable lunch to bring to work?
2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    brownies with extra ingredients.

i like to get out of the office for lunch. subway is semi cheap if you get the daily special with water.

dominicks is also good. bowl of soup and chips for 2.56

as for packing, i only do that when the gf isn't working and she makes something for me :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I usually bring hummus and cut up vegetables or some kind of salad with chicken or tuna. My favorite is apple, walnut, chicken salad. Yum!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • mattdinglemattdingle Posts: 180
    Hey comebackgirl , I need a little more than that 2 keep me goin for the day. :roll:
    mattdingle wrote:
    Hey comebackgirl , I need a little more than that 2 keep me goin for the day. :roll:
    Bring some oranges. And maybe a twinkie. A twinkie always satisfies :)

Is there A bit of a helth freak in ya????????? :)
    mattdingle wrote:
    Is there A bit of a helth freak in ya????????? :)
    Nothing says healthy like a twinkie :thumbup:

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I bring a bunch of things and graze throughout the day. Apple, yogurt, granola, powerbar of some sort, citrus cup, trail mix. Then I ask everyone on the "Ask The Next Poster" thread what they're having, and I feel unfulfilled after reading their responses.

Also, I always have Lemonheads, Star Burst or something like that in the afternoon. And one piece of good chocolate. Really good chocolate.

Au Bon Pain has reasonable deals. The soups are hearty and they also have small portion interesting packaged stuff. I love their apple, cranberry and blue cheese salad.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I heard you should not eat by yourself at work from some professional consulting company article. But I always eat by myself because I hate people sometimes.
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    leftovers
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:

i like to get out of the office for lunch. subway is semi cheap if you get the daily special with water.

as for packing, i only do that when the gf isn't working and she makes something for me :lol:
    your gf makes your lunch.
    your gf cleans the house.

you my friend are amazing.
    girls that clean are great.
    girls that make food are great.
    girls that do stuff are great.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    wats a twinkie
    marcos wrote:
    I heard you should not eat by yourself at work from some professional consulting company article. But I always eat by myself because I hate people sometimes.

they say you should do lunch with somebody different. personally, i like to get away from everyone at lunch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    marcos wrote:

they say you should do lunch with somebody different. personally, i like to get away from everyone at lunch.
    smoking the easy does it @ on your lunch break?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:

it's not all peachs and cream.

she doesn't like PJ at all.
    she is semi vegetarian. last night we had some non meat sausage.
    we'll go shopping and i figure she'll get one or two things, next thing i know, i have a bill for $100 plus.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    marcos wrote:

smoking the easy does it @ on your lunch break?

i wish. :lol:

i learned a long time ago, that is best saved for the evening. i went to a college class once all puffed up. worst class ever.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:

Don't forget, his girlfriend also poops and he has seen it. Maybe he doesn't have it as good as you think.

Don't forget, his girlfriend also poops and he has seen it. Maybe he doesn't have it as good as you think.

:lol:

we've all seen the left over floater.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    I bring a bunch of things and graze throughout the day. Apple, yogurt, granola, powerbar of some sort, citrus cup, trail mix. Then I ask everyone on the "Ask The Next Poster" thread what they're having, and I feel unfulfilled after reading their responses.

Also, I always have Lemonheads, Star Burst or something like that in the afternoon. And one piece of good chocolate. Really good chocolate.

Au Bon Pain has reasonable deals. The soups are hearty and they also have small portion interesting packaged stuff. I love their apple, cranberry and blue cheese salad.

I don't think they have Au Bon Pain outside of New England. Weird.

I graze too. There's a little coop grocery store right across from my office, so I'll go over there and maybe get some cheese, a box of Kashi crackers, maybe an avacado, and some fruit, and make a big plate that takes me a good chuck of the afternoon to eat, and that stuff will last me about 2.5 lunches. Or I go over and get the sushi, salad, or soup bar. It's not very expensive since it's a grocery store afterall. Blueberries are awesome things to get for lunch cuz then you can just kinda snack on them as you work, and you can't get much healthier.
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    A can of tuna and some crackers is my norm. Or just a can of soup. I have a drawer full of soup, tuna, and crackers, so I'm also satisfied. And another drawer for Clif Bars.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    damn, I have to start thinking about lunch. life would be so much less complicated if we didn't have to constantly be thinking about this whole eating thing.
    mattdingle wrote:
    wats a twinkie
    twinkie.jpg

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    loadedgun wrote:
    A can of tuna and some crackers is my norm.

"our" Norm is all that - and a bag of chips.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    loadedgun wrote:

Norm and a bag of chips for lunch is very filling...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    loadedgun wrote:

Norm and a bag of chips for lunch is very filling...

And chock full of vitamins and minerals.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    mattdingle wrote:
    wats a twinkie
    twinkie.jpg

Now I want a Twinkie. And I don't even like Twinkies. I'm a Devil Dog kind of a girl.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    mattdingle wrote:
    wats a twinkie
    twinkie.jpg

Now I want a Twinkie. And I don't even like Twinkies. I'm a Devil Dog kind of a girl.

That's funny, I had you pegged as a Ho-Ho girl

hostess-ho-hos.jpg
    mattdingle wrote:
    wats a twinkie
    twinkie.jpg

me too :) Twinkies make me wanna :sick: But a devil dog??? Now that's a tasty treat :thumbup:

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I was always more of a

ring%20ding%20box.jpg

kind of guy..
    GoiMTvP.gif
    pink zingers
    holy toledo chocolate milk
    i am sure this is illegal for pot users.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=zi ... CDAQsAQwAw

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QidrwGOlfKo/S ... /blog2.jpg

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    FrankieG wrote:
    I need some new suggestions. I am getting sick and tired of my lame routine.

What are some good ideas for a cheap, packable lunch to bring to work?

Try having the same boring sandwich like I do every day at work.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014