Hot tub time machine.

Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Ive heard very mixed reviews on this movie.
its it worth the watch???
"Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
Boston 2010
Montreal 2011
EV Prov 11
Worcester 1 13
Worcester 2 13
Hartford 13
Boston 16 - 1
Boston 16 - 2
Boston 18 - 1
Boston 18 -2 
MSG 24 - 1
Boston 24 -1
Boston 24 -2 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i'd say yes... certainly better than that "hangover" everyone was raving about

its one of those movies that succeeds by immediately recognizing the fact that its completely stupid
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    its worth it as long as your not paying for it . it was a good laugh . would i pay movie theater prices NO .
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    I'm not a fan of documentaries so I would say no.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    It's funny the first time you watch it. I love that they are waiting for the bellboys (crispin glover) arm to come off! Fucking great!
    I'll be back
  • Horrible movie. So disappointed. Thought that it's lack of reality would be made up by humor....but come on, john cusack as a main character? what do you honestly expect? You'll laugh occasionally, but overall, you'll agree that it sucks.

No Offense anyone.
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....

PJ
    Toronto 2003 · Boston I, 2004 · Kitchener 2005 · London 2005 · Hamilton 2005 · Toronto 2005 · Toronto I, 2006 · Toronto II, 2006 · Mansfield I, 2008 · Mansfield II, 2008 · Philadelphia III, 2009 · Philadelphia IV, 2009 · Cleveland 2010 · *Buffalo 2010* · PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY 2011 · Toronto I, 2011 · Toronto II, 2011 · Hamilton 2011 · London (ON) 2013 · Buffalo 2013 · Toronto I, 2016 · Toronto II, 2016 · Chicago I, 2018 · Chicago II, 2018

EV
    Montreal I, 2008 · Montreal II, 2008 · Albany 2009 · Philadelphia 2011 · Fort Lauderdale I, 2012 · Orlando I, 2012 · Orlando II, 2012
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    but overall, you'll agree that it sucks.

No Offense anyone.

I didn't agree at all.
    The Godfather it is not, but I wouldn't say that it sucks.
    You could do far worse if you wanted to check out a cheesy comedy.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    I was disappointed but had some funny moments...might be funnier if you are high but isn't everything?? Funnier than "Grown Ups" which I thought was shitty. Plus this has John Cusack and I love him. :)
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Fucking funny movie. Nails the whole 80's formula to a T. Lot of references to Cusack movies, and Back To The Future through the whole thing. Truly awesome.

How anyone can be disappointed by a movie with a title like "Hot Tub Time Machine" is beyond me. I mean, seriously, how high were you setting the bar going in?
    Fucking funny movie. Nails the whole 80's formula to a T. Lot of references to Cusack movies, and Back To The Future through the whole thing. Truly awesome.

How anyone can be disappointed by a movie with a title like "Hot Tub Time Machine" is beyond me. I mean, seriously, how high were you setting the bar going in?

I enjoyed the Cusack references! Was a total Cusack lover back in the 80's 8-)

I wasn't expecting MP's "The Holy Grail" but it wasn't as funny as I thought it might be, that's all.

I wasn't expecting MP's "The Holy Grail" but it wasn't as funny as I thought it might be, that's all.

"I want my two DAWWLERS."

And Step Brothers was funny for the first hour and 10 minutes. The last 10-20 are bleh.

And Step Brothers was funny for the first hour and 10 minutes. The last 10-20 are bleh.

OMG I still laugh at that line... :lol::lol: such a great movie!!! That was probably my fave Cusack...although girl that I am, I loved "Say anything" :oops: :D

OMG I still laugh at that line... :lol::lol: such a great movie!!! That was probably my fave Cusack...although girl that I am, I loved "Say anything" :oops: :D

Ya notice how he wears the same jacket as in Say Anything? Awesome movie. My favorites are probably "The Sure Thing" and "One Crazy Summer."
    Ya notice how he wears the same jacket as in Say Anything? Awesome movie. My favorites are probably "The Sure Thing" and "One Crazy Summer."

:o

Have I seen "One Crazy Summer"??? :oops: Or is that the one I always forget :?
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    John Cusack is God..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Hahah its fuckin hilarious!! Not gonna win an academy award but will keep you laughing. They could have made it better though but yes its worth watching
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
    The Champ wrote:
    John Cusack is God..

Another reason the Champ rocks :mrgreen:
    The Champ wrote:
    John Cusack is God..

Seriously, aside from that awful 2012 debacle, John is the man....especially anything from the 80s, which is pure gold by definition....and you rock for recognizing and acknowledging the greatness of this man and his endeavors..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'

It's Better Off Dead on the beach. It's awesome.
    8e96a822.jpg
    I'll be back
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    John Cusack is God..

Seriously, aside from that awful 2012 debacle, John is the man....especially anything from the 80s, which is pure gold by definition....and you rock for recognizing and acknowledging the greatness of this man and his endeavors..

I wanted to see 2012 but missed it...or well saved myself it may seem.

The 80's really had such great movies. Cusack just does great work!!

It's Better Off Dead on the beach. It's awesome.

I must see it!! I must!
    Wait a fucking minute, one cannot proclaim their love for John Cusack without seeing 'One Crazy Summer:' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-9IOM2O9_c
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    Wait a fucking minute, one cannot proclaim their love for John Cusack without seeing 'One Crazy Summer:' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-9IOM2O9_c

That was a bit harsh :lol: extra money in the prenup for me ;)

Hey there is a Honeymoon Suite song playing...now there is a Canadian 80's band for you. My sister dragged me to several shows.

I will watch it, guys. I swear.
    The Champ wrote:

Seriously.
    Iv never seen any cusack 80's movies. The only 80's movies iv seen are bttf, breakfast club, lost boys and.........Friday the 13th and nightmare on elm st.
    I'll be back
    The Champ wrote:

That was a bit harsh :lol: extra money in the prenup for me ;)

Hey there is a Honeymoon Suite song playing...now there is a Canadian 80's band for you. My sister dragged me to several shows.

I will watch it, guys. I swear.

Nice, and you better....that dumb movie is still somehow lodged in my top ten list...you'll see what we've been raving about....have a good night guys..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Is a thread on Hot Tub Time Machine going to hit three pages?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    Iv never seen any cusack 80's movies. The only 80's movies iv seen are bttf, breakfast club, lost boys and.........Friday the 13th and nightmare on elm st.

C'mon, man. Get on it. Seriously.

I know it's probably obvious and likely have seen it but what the fuck is 'bttf?' I hate acronyms....and you need to seriously catch the fuck up..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    The Champ wrote:
    John Cusack is God..

High Fidelity is so amazingly awesome...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."