Options

Huh-Huh, Beavis and Butthead Returning to MTV

Comments

• Options
    Yeah it looks funny but wouldn't be the same. Hoping its some kind of flash forward scene or something.

Guess I will have to get this stupid paramount plus now. 
    Everyone complains about having to download a new app to watch something (myself included, as I had to download Paramount Plus for the new South Park specials), but it's really not that bad. We used to pay like $5 to rent a VHS or two from Blockbuster for two days. Now, you can pay $5 for a month of Paramount Plus, watch the thing you downloaded it for as many times as you want during that month, and watch all the other stuff that's on the streaming service. 
    Aaaaand then forget to cancel and now you're paying for it forever. lol.

I signed up for the Showtime app a year ago to watch that Your Honor show, forgot to cancel, then saw the new Dexter series was starting up a few months down the road.....YADA YADA YADA, I've paid for a year's worth of Showtime to watch a total of like 20 episodes of tv. 
    Well with these streaming apps, I usually choose to cancel as soon as I subscribe. So this way it just runs out when the month is up. However, I did get into one of those situations with Amazon Prime. I must've clicked something three years ago for free shipping, and signed up for Prime by mistake. I had Prime for like TWO YEARS and didn't even know it. I did notice that the stuff I bought on Amazon was coming with free shipping, but I (in one of my most braindead, naïve moments ever) figured that Amazon was allowing for free shipping due to the pandemic. Eventually I noticed a charge on my credit card, called my credit card company to ask about it, and they said it's probably Amazon Prime, which it was.

The funny part is, despite having Amazon Prime that whole time, I used a friend's password to watch Borat 2 because I didn't know I had it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Yeah it looks funny but wouldn't be the same. Hoping its some kind of flash forward scene or something.

Everyone complains about having to download a new app to watch something (myself included, as I had to download Paramount Plus for the new South Park specials), but it's really not that bad. We used to pay like $5 to rent a VHS or two from Blockbuster for two days. Now, you can pay $5 for a month of Paramount Plus, watch the thing you downloaded it for as many times as you want during that month, and watch all the other stuff that's on the streaming service. 

I signed up for the Showtime app a year ago to watch that Your Honor show, forgot to cancel, then saw the new Dexter series was starting up a few months down the road.....YADA YADA YADA, I've paid for a year's worth of Showtime to watch a total of like 20 episodes of tv. 
    Well with these streaming apps, I usually choose to cancel as soon as I subscribe. So this way it just runs out when the month is up. However, I did get into one of those situations with Amazon Prime. I must've clicked something three years ago for free shipping, and signed up for Prime by mistake. I had Prime for like TWO YEARS and didn't even know it. I did notice that the stuff I bought on Amazon was coming with free shipping, but I (in one of my most braindead, naïve moments ever) figured that Amazon was allowing for free shipping due to the pandemic. Eventually I noticed a charge on my credit card, called my credit card company to ask about it, and they said it's probably Amazon Prime, which it was.

The funny part is, despite having Amazon Prime that whole time, I used a friend's password to watch Borat 2 because I didn't know I had it. 
    Haha...I am horrible at remembering to cancel stuff like that. 

Sorry to hear you watched Borat 2. I want those two hours of my life back. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I liked it. Not something I'd watch over and over, but it wasn't bad. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    I just read the first page of this thread before I realized it was 12 years old. But the I Alone video posted was totally worth it.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    mace1229 said:
    I just read the first page of this thread before I realized it was 12 years old. But the I Alone video posted was totally worth it.
    "at least I got a candy bar out of the deal"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:
    Classic. I distinctly remember laughing my ass off at that one 30 years ago. 

Jesus Christ....30 years ago. Fuck. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    edited January 2022
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:

Yeah, no shit. Yikes.

My favorite is still them watching Tool's "Sober" video when the little animated guy's arm is swinging a million miles an hour, Butthead saying "If I could move my arm that fast I'd never leave the house".
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878

who was complaining about that?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:

that's probably my favorite video that they "riffed"
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394

You didn't notice a $127 charge for 2 years?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

You didn't notice a $127 charge for 2 years?
    It was $13 monthly. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    mace1229 said:
    I thought this is now too. Got to look at those dates...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Paramount Plus is pretty great IMO.  
    Has a lot of old MTV shows including PJ Unplugged, Cheers, Frasier, SpongeBob if you have kids lol.   We decided to keep it for now.   Another big draw is if your antenna reception sucks you get live NFL on CBS every Sunday.  
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    If we are talking about streaming....   It is a bit frustrating, I get it.  Now, years after I cut the cord, I am probably paying just as much to streaming services than I did to a cable/satellite company, including enhanced internet speeds.

But with that said, these services are so much more convenient and user friendly IMO.  Everything is pretty much just on-demand.  I have access to all the content I could ever want at a click of a button on any device that I have.  Im not paying to rent a HD-DVR box and there are no hidden fees.  I can also shut off and turn on these services whenever I want.
  • Options

Got a smart phone?  Set a reminder on your calendar.
    Got Outlook?  Set a reminder on your calendar
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:

Yeah, no shit. Yikes.

My favorite is still them watching Tool's "Sober" video when the little animated guy's arm is swinging a million miles an hour, Butthead saying "If I could move my arm that fast I'd never leave the house".
    LOL. I remember that! HAHAHA
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    The Beavis and Butthead movie was hilarious....I almost pissed my pants
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The funniest ones I remember were the Ben Franklin one where Butthead looks over at Beavis and says "Beavis, get the kite."

The other was the whole Cornholio and the poetry night.  Man that cracked me up!
  • Options
    crazy shit....I remember that when it first came out on Liquid TV

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503
    crazy shit....I remember that when it first came out on Liquid TV
    Frog Baseball
  • Options
    May be a cartoon of text that says Original Movie  BEAVIS AND BUTT- BUTT-HEAD HEAD MIKEJUDGE MIKE JUDGE Paramount ON EXCLUSIVELY

This July, Paramount+ is premiering an exclusive Beavis and Butt-Head movie, followed by brand-new episodes!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    May be a cartoon of text that says Original Movie  BEAVIS AND BUTT- BUTT-HEAD HEAD MIKEJUDGE MIKE JUDGE Paramount ON EXCLUSIVELY

This July, Paramount+ is premiering an exclusive Beavis and Butt-Head movie, followed by brand-new episodes!
    Fine. I will get Paramount plus in July. Sons of bitches!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Fine. I will get Paramount plus in July. Sons of bitches!
    yep....I'm sold

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    I recently binged watched all the old episodes on Paramount Plus.  Just wish they could have included the music video portion of the episodes. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    edited February 2022
    We'll maybe they don't because all those bands sucked...yeah yeah they sucked. Except for that one that goes wHhhHHhh WaaaaaAannggging Waaaingy and the guy yells WwwwwwhhhhYyyyyy Caaaannnnt weeeennnnnnoooottttstttaaayyyyssssssooooobbeeerRrr. Yeahhh yeahh that one. We'll that one sucks too. Yeah yeah it sucks too.  Actually this whole show sucks. Yeah yeah it sucks. Still sucks after all these years. Yeah yeah we suck. [I ♡ bevis] butthead he sucks yeah yeah he sucks. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    edited February 2022
    Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    out now and apparently getting really good reviews. Maybe I should get paramount plus just for this and south park...

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    these guys were always there for me & my buds growing up stoned
  • Options
    I can't wait to see this. B&B Do America was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen