It's Yours - Paid in full

BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
...so a good buddy from college calls me yesterday and asks if I can lend my time and effort to him for a couple hours this morning. He and his wife are preparing to have their second child and they will be moving out of their house at the end of the month to go live with her folks. He wanted me to help him move some boxes from various places in the house to his garage to make the loading of the truck a bit easier. I'm a sucker for helping people out...I used to work as a household mover, so I readily enjoy moving/packing stuff.

I'm a teacher. I stay home in the summer to watch my two kids. I pack them up, bring some snacks and activities, and head over there early to try and beat the heat. His wife is also a teacher, so she keeps the children occupied and busy while we do the grunt work.

...anywho, long story short - I am moving a crate of CDs and I see a Neil Young Mirror Ball CD on the top. I casually say, "Mirror Ball, eh?" My buddy turns to me and says, "It's yours." He tells me that it's been collecting dust and that if I really want it I can have it. SCORE!

Helping people pays off in mysterious ways, yeah?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    its a CD . kinda like bad acid . now if u got the vinyl i could see why u would be happy ;)
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I worked for a moving company for almost 2 weeks. It sucked. The worst job I ever had. It was the people I worked with that made it hell. I was in the middle of a job 70 miles from home and I called my wife and asked her to pick me up were I was at.
    Helping others can be great. I help my 87 year old grandmother out every week. I just scrubbed the outside of her house, looks like a new house. Next week I'm cleaning her carpets. Can't wait. I don't like to help other people move I try to get out of it as much as I can.
    I'll be back
  • I help my 87 year old grandmother out every week. Next week I'm cleaning her carpets. Can't wait.

What type of carpet does your grandma have?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the question is why don't you have a copy already?

just kidding ... good score!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    one cd. you got hosed.

i thought he was going to give you his house or truck or we were going to discuss our vehicles that are paid off.

i feel so empty now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143
    I didn't expect anything. A friend helps a friend in need.

The funny things is, I used to have the CD back in '96, but I sold it when I needed money in college. Had looked for a copy in different stores off and on for the past several years. Kinda figured it was a lost cause. Was surprised to see it.

My kids and I rocked out to it on the way home. Sounded good and loud. :D
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Don't let anybody tell you it's wrong to help someone for nothing, I think it was nice what you did.]

Giving, regardless of whether it's a monetary donation, a time donation or a BLOOD donation, is very personally rewarding. :lol:

And you got unexpectedly rewarded with a PJ related CD, can't beat that

Nice job.