Options

Eternal life...

2»

Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Claireack wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    I'll take the ticker stopping at a ripe old age preferable while I'm napping after cocktails, sex and my favorite meal 8-)

When I first read that I thought it said 'tickler stopping at at ripe old age', I kind of got stuck at that and didn't read the end of the sentance. Thought a 'tickler' might be some kind of sex aid. :oops:
    :lol: I think it is :lol:
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    pandora wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    I'll take the ticker stopping at a ripe old age preferable while I'm napping after cocktails, sex and my favorite meal 8-)

When I first read that I thought it said 'tickler stopping at at ripe old age', I kind of got stuck at that and didn't read the end of the sentance. Thought a 'tickler' might be some kind of sex aid. :oops:
    :lol: I think it is :lol:

Only if it's French.
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Everybody wants to go the heaven, but nobody wants to die.

Heaven won't have me......... :?
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Everybody wants to go the heaven, but nobody wants to die.

Heaven won't have me......... :?

I just put in a good word, you'll be all set.
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Serioulsy????? :lol::lol::lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I didn't mean to leave my own thread to die... allow me to ressurrect it. Har.

I am VERY serious, Theovl316, if that was directed toward me. Although, Pandora said he would like to go out with some cocktails, sex, and his favorite meal. I would like to spend my final hours that way too, but while on a spaceship that's heading directly for a comet, rather than just dying in my sleep.

Maybe that's really the point of this thread... I don't want to die before space travel is possible. I grew up watching Star Wars... Where is my TIE fighter???? My X-Wing????? It's 2010... C'mon!! :evil:
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    marcos wrote:
    I thought this was a Vampire thread, which is really the way to eternal life, I mean let's be real for a second!
    This is the underlying theme of a bunch of the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice....particularly Memnoch the Devil and Tale of the Body Thief. Good, thought provoking stuff :)

Would you rather live forever or find out if there is an afterlife? I'll take eternal life.

I am just reading Tale of the Body Thief...awesome book, and if read in sequence with the other Anne Rice novels, really thought provoking in some parts.

(**Spoiler below, in case you havent read it**)

There is a part where Lestat talks about all the difficulties of being human when he is trapped in the human body, and he paints a really sad picture. But more intriguing is when his friend David, who is a mortal man of about 70 yrs old, gets trapped in the younger mans body, kin of creating a temporary scenario that could give possibility to eternal life if our souls could find new homes!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

Nice!! I don't believe I've ever heard this song, though it sounds vaguely familiar.
  • Options
    But more intriguing is when his friend David, who is a mortal man of about 70 yrs old, gets trapped in the younger mans body, kin of creating a temporary scenario that could give possibility to eternal life if our souls could find new homes!

I wish that were reality, and I don't want to wait til I'm 70. Put me in an 18 year old's body today!
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    kenny olav wrote:
    But more intriguing is when his friend David, who is a mortal man of about 70 yrs old, gets trapped in the younger mans body, kin of creating a temporary scenario that could give possibility to eternal life if our souls could find new homes!

I wish that were reality, and I don't want to wait til I'm 70. Put me in an 18 year old's body today!
    8-) Cool, love the vampire chronicles...I stopped reading after Memnoch the Devil, I couldn't get into the Vampire Armand and didn't bother after that...
    I saw a show on Discovery years ago where they discussed the probability of eventually decoding the human brain to the point that we could upload our consciousness into a computer/robot, thereby living forever, and making it possible to travel to other galaxies etc...
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I'd only want to live that long if I could have the people I love around me live that long too. I can miss a person in a matter of minutes, can't imagine over thousands of years :shock:
  • Options
    I'd only want to live that long if I could have the people I love around me live that long too. I can miss a person in a matter of minutes, can't imagine over thousands of years :shock:
    This is very sweet thought and a wonderful trait :D
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    :) It's a trait I sometimes wished I didn't possess, it sucks and hurts missing people. But I'm an eternal sap, can't help it!

Also, I just think to live 5000 years, nobody around you would know what it was like when you were younger. Just be the crazy person in the corner mumbling "back in my day when people didn't fly and there weren't TVs in pencils..." lol
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    :) It's a trait I sometimes wished I didn't possess, it sucks and hurts missing people. But I'm an eternal sap, can't help it!

Also, I just think to live 5000 years, nobody around you would know what it was like when you were younger. Just be the crazy person in the corner mumbling "back in my day when people didn't fly and there weren't TVs in pencils..." lol
    :lol: :thumbup:
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    :lol: :thumbup:
    Hell I feel that way now and I just turned 40 :lol:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i'd kill myself if i had to live forever
  • Options
    norm wrote: