Fine print on billboards?

blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Maybe it's not new, but I've just started noticing it lately, and it annoys me lol

There are two billboards I pass every day... one is for a bank promotion where you get an iPod if you start an account there, and another is for a political candidate. Both of them have fine print at the bottom... And the bank one is right by the road and even right beside it, you can't read that small of print.

What the hell good is legal fine print if you can't even read it?
My whole life
was like a picture
of a sunny day
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
― Abraham Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    to suck you in. :lol:

i'm guessing it says you have to have a direct deposit to that account. or have paperless statements, or use a debit card at least 5 times a month, or use it for bill pay, or have the account open for a set time, and that the ipod will be treated as intrest.

at least that's how it worked on my chase account when they gave me $150 to open a checking account. had to be open for 6 months, 5 debit card transactions or one direct deposit per month, and the $150 was reported as intrest.

i did the minium and closed it right at 6 months. 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    It's all a ploy from the Insurance companies. You try to read it and you crash.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Jo wrote:

Yes, they enjoy paying out claims on every policy. Why didn't I think of that?
    Jo wrote:

Why would they allow you to try read small print whilst driving? Geeze, your not even allowed to have a few drinks!
    Jo wrote:
    Jo wrote:

Why would they allow you to try read small print whilst driving? Geeze, your not even allowed to have a few drinks!

Now, or whilst driving?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i am very much annoyed by all the very tall billboard signs in georgia.
    i would say they are the tallest billboards in the world.
    they annoy me like no other.
    how the hell can i read that?
    very annoying.
    very stupid.

fine print?
    i have no idea.
    i can barely see the sign itself.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    FREE PEARL JAM TICKETS
    PEARL JAM IS RETIRED
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    FREE PEARL JAM TICKETS
    PEARL JAM IS RETIRED

Now.......I saw that small print, as I was driving by at 40 miles an hour. I just did a U turn to get a second look, had a heart attack and caused a pile-up.
    Jo wrote:
    FREE PEARL JAM TICKETS
    PEARL JAM IS RETIRED

Now.......I saw that small print, as I was driving by at 40 miles an hour. I just did a U turn to get a second look, had a heart attack and caused a pile-up.

Please tell me you weren't drinking this time.