Father Ted

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Revisiting some clips, I need to get the box set of this series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmfLS1hWO94

The bit at 1:04 about a beast attacking sheep on the island puts me into tears :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    That clip was great. My husband and I were laughing out loud. I should get a box set too, this show was hilarious.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Watched Father Ted with my boyfriend when I was visiting, love it. :mrgreen:

I wonder whether he'll bring the DVDs with him when he moves.. :think: :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Did you guys see the one with the hamster on the bicycle? I can't find the clip of it, that shit had me dying!
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Great one of the best shows ever!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    My all time favourite comedy ... doesn't matter how often I see it I still laugh my arse off ... aw go on go on go on
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Watching Father Ted only last night. One of the best comedy shows to come out in that past 20 years.
    I loved it when BBC America would air it, and have a marathon on St. Paddy's day. The box set for all the seasons seems pricey, I gotta hunt down a used one or something!
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    People in America have seen this show?? Amazing!!

Some of the support characters were brilliant, like John & Mary, Father Damo (the guy who steals the whistle), the Dancing Priest, and Father Stack (the guy who replaces Jack and listens to rave music)
    , Fr Stone, etc....

Mrs Doyle: Are you looking forward to your lunch tomorrow, Father?
    Ted: Hmmm? I suppose so.
    Mrs Doyle: You do like pheasant, don't you Father?
    Ted: Pheasant? I love pheasant.
    Mrs Doyle: Well there's a little clue. The thing you'll be eating likes pheasant as well

Father Ted: Ah, Sister Assumpta!
    Sister Assumpta: Hello Father!
    Father Ted: Dougal, Dougal, do you remember Sister Assumpta?
    Father Dougal: Er, no.
    Father Ted: She was here last year! And then we stayed with her in the convent, back in Kildare. Do you remember it? Ah, you do! And then you were hit by the car when you went down to the shops for the paper. You must remember all that? And then you won a hundred pounds with your lottery card? Ah, you must remember it, Dougal!
    [Dougal shakes his head]
    Sister Assumpta: And weren't you accidentally arrested for shoplifting? I remember we had to go down to the police station to get you!... And the police station went on fire? And you had to be rescued by helicopter?
    Father Ted: Do you remember? You can't remember any of that? The helicopter! When you fell out of the helicopter! Over the zoo! Do you remember the tigers?
    [Dougal shakes his head some more]
    Father Ted: You don't remember? You were wearing your blue jumper.
    Father Dougal: Ah, Sister Assumpta!
    It was thanks to BBC America and a friend of mine getting me hooked on it. I found a complete box set for $57, just seems pricey for only 3 seasons. I shall keep hunting! :D