NCAA Football 11

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Well it's out, anyone have it yet? My package came in the mail today, will get to try it out tonight. Can't wait! I have it for the PS3 if anyone wants to get some online dynasty action going.
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I may have to check it out. It's gotten some good reviews!
  • I got it in the mail for the 360 today. I skipped out on last year's because I got sick of EA just making minor upgrades but I was sold this year after playing the demo. Depending on how long the All-Star game goes I may get in a game or two.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I told myself I would skip all sports games this year (except for FIFA South Africa).... this is a tough one to resist.

The NCAA game kicks ass every year
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    I used to get both this and the Madden game, but I've been sticking with only Madden the past 2-3 years. And since I'm currently addicted to Tiger Woods 11, I think I'll wait one more month for Madden to come out...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    IMO the NCAA game has surpassed the Madden titles the past few years. They are very enjoyable.
  • The read option plays are really starting to look good. Actually running all together has improved greatly. I was impressed in the game I played last night. Hopefully I'll get a few games in this weekend.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    The read option plays are really starting to look good. Actually running all together has improved greatly. I was impressed in the game I played last night. Hopefully I'll get a few games in this weekend.

I'm curious to hear more. I thought last year's sucked (for 360 at least) and I'm a HUGE NCAA backer. The gameplay was choppy, the camera angles were shit, and there was no single play substitutions (only way to sub was to do mass subs or switch the depth chart) just to name a few of my problems with it. I've read that this year's is much improved, but I'm just a little skeptical...
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Do they have a division II this year? I'd love to actually play in an authentic post-season.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• mdigenakis wrote:
    Do they have a division II this year? I'd love to actually play in an authentic post-season.

Nope.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    My copy will be waiting for me tonight! I'm really looking forward to this game as the last NCAA game I bought was the 2004 edition on the old Xbox. I'm glad it looks like EA finally put out a NCAA game that is an actual functional "next-gen" experience . . . only took them five years.

I found a link on the Xbox forum that allows you to download over 7,000 actual player names for each of the 120 Div 1 schools. That is pretty awesome and will save me several hours of manual input (for just one team).

I just hope they don't go overboard with advertising. I put Madden on my blacklist after last years obnoxious campaign that actually had ads on the fucking screen while you put men in motion before the snap. It was impossible to ignore the ad and it really took the joy out of getting lost in a video game.