Options

HIATUS article clarification

2»

Comments

• Options
    i honestly cant even believe it went this far that the band had to make a statement. this is said at the end of every tour and the boys go take a decent break and come back. since portugal everyone on here has hammed it up like drama queens that the band is done and over. give them a break and when they are ready to tour again, welcome them back. theyve taken huge time off from touring in the past, this should be no different.
  • Options
    in eds treein eds tree Denver Posts: 539
    I need a break from the shows so i hope they take a long brake .....

so does my bank account... ;)

+1
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    Does this mean Soundgarden can start adding more tour dates? :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    he says that all the damn time! jeez, way to give a girl a heart attack!!! (not the OP, just the topic in general)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    it was reported in the newspaper here. i had several very separate people email me the link with "OMG NO!" and i kept firing back "yeah, he says that EVERY SINGLE TIME..."

glad now i have a link to fire back :)
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,410
    I can safely say that this is about the most ridiculous thing that has happened in my 18 years as a fan of this band
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    NoOne'sRivalNoOne'sRival Posts: 299
    I'm surprised at how a couple of words can be taken so incorrectly by so many. OF COURSE it's the end of the tour and they won't have another gig for a while, duh, why would anyone read anything different into that? And has anyone even looked at their touring schedule to see how many places they've been over the past many years? These guys are all over almost every year!! So, take a year or so off, make more music (make more babies!) and come back in a while. They have families, too! Jeez give these guys a break!

Thanks for a great tour every time around PJ!
    "Dream the dream others then...you will be no one's RIVAL!"
    "Doo do do do doo do doo, Doo do do do doo do doo..."
  • Options
    KicheKiche Posts: 3
    In about an hour this echoed like an explosion around me - facebook posts, national news, on-line articles: "Pearl Jam is breaking up". Jeeeesus. :evil: I almost had a heart attack because I failed to go to Venice even though I know Eddie does that a lot (he sad "See you next year" to us in 2006 (Croatia)) ;) . Anyway, I also think guys deserve a nice, long break to re-gain their strength... and for me to save enough money to travel wherever the next concert will be. :roll:
    *Not all those who wander are lost*
  • Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    i just cant see why they would break up..they all seem to like each other still.which i think is the most important part of a band staying together
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    yeah after wellington 98 he said "see you soon!" ...11.5 years later they came back...
  • Options
    TimmortalTimmortal Posts: 88
    HAHAHAHA Everyone so sensitive, I dont think I've ever seen them without them hinting at the end, I think its part of being a Pearl Jam fan learning to enjoy the moment for all its worth and knowing at anytime it could all be over! Memories and good music for over 20 years I think we need to realize we got more out of Pearl Jam then most fans of other bands, I always feel sorry for the dummies who get a band tattoo then 3 months later the band is gone. Pearl Jam is going to be around for sometime, I think its great that they keep us on our toes!! Pearl Jam is Legendary!!! On the other hand PJ could have annouced a 400 date tour and people would still find something to bitch about so I guess its better they take what they need then what we want!!!
    Long live PEARL JAM!!!!
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Toronto 10/01/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchner 09/11/05
    London 09/12/05
    Hamilton 09/13/05
    Toronto 05/9/06
    Toronto 05/10/06
    Please play SATANS BED
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    I need a break from the shows so i hope they take a long brake .....

so does my bank account... ;)

amen...6 shows in the past calendar year from LA to Lisbon...the kids are tired of eating tree bark and wild fruit. ;)

also, I was at the show in Portugal and I certainly didn't take Ed's comments as if the band was breaking up or anything. It seemed like a normal end of the tour comment -- in fact, he even said, "Not the last show ever, but for a long time." (or close to it). And we all know how Ed has a different sense of time than what we do as fans. :)

to be honest, the guys looked like they had been on tour for 2 1/2 months, including 3 long weeks in Europe. great show as always, but when Ed dedicated "Just Breathe" to their families, whom they "hadn't seen in 3 weeks" you could definitely feel the sincerity of it all.

they'll be back.

enjoy your break, boys. we'll be here when you're ready.
  • Options
    I am not going to overreact either way, but they just took six months off of touring. It's not like they started last July and ran straight through to this July. Far be it for me to demand anything out of them, but its not like they're the Rolling Stones out there on a walker.
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    This happens at the end of damn near every tour they do....Ed says something like that and people freak out. It's pretty ridiculous actually
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    people need to relax.

there were some that thought 'the end' was about eddie dying or the band breaking up after backspacer. get a grip people.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol:

It's the same shit after EVERY TOUR!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Ed likes to fuck with some of you i guess....the ones with shit for memories i guess. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    lol..I remember being at a show once and Eddie said " That's it...one last show and we never play again..."

That was Seattle 2 in 2000. :lol:
  • Options
    BairbreBairbre Posts: 31
    i suspect they'll take a decent break now - Ed getting married in the autumn, Matt doing Soundgarden stuff (probably?), familes and other music projects. They're obviously writing new stuff, as evidenced by showcasing 'Of the Earth' in Europe. Next year is their 20 year anniversary, they're not going to bow out now!! Plus Cameron Crowe was shooting round Seattle recently for a documentary to commemorate 20 years......as well as rumours that Eddie had been looking into ski/surf spots in South America during tour downtime in 'coming months' (probably 2011 now, if true).

In any case, there's no doubt much more to come next year :):)
    No time to be void...or save up on life; you gotta spend it all...
  • Options
    force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    No dates lineup in the near future?

Maybe none officialy confirmed yet, I hope. Latinamerica is waiting for you!
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    Cheo RamirezCheo Ramirez Posts: 676
    Cameron wants to play jesus christ pose, thats all

maybe some totd !!!!! Say hello 2 hvn, yeee
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    They so rarely play within driving distance of me it's like they have been on break for awhile. I did get to see them in 2008 in Columbia so that was cool because it had been since 2003 before then. I hope soundgarden does a tour while Pearl Jam is on break. That would be incredible.
  • Options
    This is GROUND CONTROL TO EDDIE VEDDER.....

Glad you guys aren't going to be playing a state fair anytime soon.
    Dolor es.....?
  • Options
    O ye of little faith.
    Dolor es.....?
  • Options
    But that was a great Target commercial. I do like the taste of a good steak.

Sincerely,

The waiters and waitresses of Minnesota.
    Dolor es.....?