Nike's new Ken Griffey, Jr commercial!!!

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429ZQkiHC5A

Fucking awesome!!

Good bye, baseball! Hello, Cooperstown!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    meh
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    81 wrote:
    meh
    :roll:

i like it.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    you guys need to find the next Ken Griffey..............fast.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    aNiMaL wrote:

Fucking awesome!!

I appreciate the sentiment, but as far as commercials go, it's nothing to jump up and down about.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    megatron wrote:
    81 wrote:
    meh

i like it.

than like it. :lol: i just can't get excited about commercials. i typically watch two shows at a time just so i don't have to watch any commercials.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    milarso wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Fucking awesome!!

I appreciate the sentiment, but as far as commercials go, it's nothing to jump up and down about.
    Yeah, the sentiment is huge. I think it's a classy touch by a company that Jr made a lot of money for.
    81 wrote:
    megatron wrote:
    81 wrote:
    meh

i like it.

than like it. :lol: i just can't get excited about commercials. i typically watch two shows at a time just so i don't have to watch any commercials.
    I feel the same way about most commercials too.

This one hit home(runs) for me.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Yeah, the sentiment is huge. I think it's a classy touch by a company that Jr made a lot of money for.

After watching it again though, whether or not you like KGJ, you have have to admit he may have the sweetest swing in the history of the game.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    milarso wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

After watching it again though, whether or not you like KGJ, you have have to admit he may have the sweetest swing in the history of the game.
    This i can agree with.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

This i can agree with.
    No doubt about it!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    aNiMaL wrote:
    81 wrote:

This i can agree with.

I prefer this:

willthethrillstrikingapose_display_image.jpg

:lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    imalive wrote:

his name is dominic brown and he currently plays for the lehigh valley iron pigs.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

actually, he is the next darryl strawberry...minus all the crack.
    :wave:
    www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    imalive wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    81 wrote:

This i can agree with.

I prefer this:

willthethrillstrikingapose_display_image.jpg

:lol::lol:

grif's was better....by the way, those old giants unis were the shit!

will clark had a better swing than bonds actually. he was the man back in the day.
    www.myspace.com
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I loved it!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Nike shoulda had griffey jr sleeping in a lazy boy at the end of it.

No one and I mean no one had a sweeter swing then crackhead darryl cept maybe ted williams. I'd go strawberry, williams, griffey jr as far as sweet swings.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I really enjoyed the commercial a lot too when i saw it last night.

As for the next Ken Griffey Jr ....... Jason Heyward of the Braves looks pretty damn good and he has been hampered by an injury this year but is still putting up great numbers in the big leagues even though he is not old enough to buy a beer yet.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    They could've included at least one clip of him with the White Sox, geez.... ;)

But damn, that is one sweet swing.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i like the part where he is holding the championship trophy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    They could've included at least one clip of him with the White Sox, geez.... ;)

But damn, that is one sweet swing.

did he even hit a hr for the sox? looked like most of the clips were pics before he got old and fat. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    intodeep wrote:
    Jason Heyward of the Braves looks pretty damn good and he has been hampered by an injury this year but is still putting up great numbers in the big leagues even though he is not old enough to buy a beer yet.

Detroit's Brennan Boesch has more home runs, more RBI and a batting average almost 100 points higher in the American League (in six less games played than Heyward). Also been AL rookie of the month for both May and June. No All-Star nod though. Kinda lame.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Does the commercial do anything for his rookie card????
    I'll be back
    i like the part where he is holding the championship trophy
    You're a dick.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    milarso wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Jason Heyward of the Braves looks pretty damn good and he has been hampered by an injury this year but is still putting up great numbers in the big leagues even though he is not old enough to buy a beer yet.

Detroit's Brennan Boesch has more home runs, more RBI and a batting average almost 100 points higher in the American League (in six less games played than Heyward). Also been AL rookie of the month for both May and June. No All-Star nod though. Kinda lame.
    He is having a great rookie campaign, but I think the point is Jason Heyward is doing it as a 20 year old not 25. If i was a detroit fan i would be excited about Brennan, but Heyward looks like he could have careers like Arod, Ken Griffery, and Miguel Cabrera. Guys who started playing at 19 or 20 and excelled early.

It is all opinion but it think heyward has more upside then boesch, but i'd be happy to have both playing for my team now.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    He is having a great rookie campaign, but I think the point is Jason Heyward is doing it as a 20 year old not 25. If i was a detroit fan i would be excited about Brennan, but Heyward looks like he could have careers like Arod, Ken Griffery, and Miguel Cabrera. Guys who started playing at 19 or 20 and excelled early.

It is all opinion but it think heyward has more upside then boesch, but i'd be happy to have both playing for my team now.

Yeah- the funny thing about Boesch is that he literally came out of nowhere. Last season he wasn't even listed as one of the top 10 prospects in the Tiger's system.
    And I'm not trying to take anything away from Heyward, it's more of a condemnation on the All-Star selection process.
    Boesch could very well fade after this season and never be heard from again. But he had an All-Star first half, and I think he deserved to get a chance to play in that game.
    I think this crap about every team being represented is garbage. Pick the best players to play in the All-Star game. Not guys like Ty Wiggington or whoever is going from the Pirates...
    I guess that should prolly be on another thread though... :lol:
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    loved it! I posted the original, early 90's, Nike Griffey commercial that was VERY similar to this on youtube last year. It was almost identical except some of the homeruns were different and there was no Reds highlights...and of course the ending was not the same. I had it on an old VHS tape of the all-star game and thought it would be cool to upload.

About a week later MLB/Youtube yanked it and told me it was a copyright violation
    imalive wrote:

his name is dominic brown and he currently plays for the lehigh valley iron pigs.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

actually, he is the next darryl strawberry...minus all the crack.
    :wave:

slow down there big fella
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg