Options

Tons of Pearl Jam rockin out in Phoenix at the Linkin Park show!

Hard2IMAGINE2007VICHard2IMAGINE2007VIC Posts: 638
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I decided to hit the Linkin Park Projekt Revolution Tour tonight in Phoenix with Chris Cornell opening for them with a bunch of other bands and side stages. I got to the venue right before Chris Cornell was about to go on and I was about to buy a lawn ticket for $32 when I decided to look around because I could see the rain brewing in the Phoenix sky and eventually it poured down hard and drenched the lawn fans. Glad I waited because some dude walk by and sold me a VIP pass for $10. After getting in, I was about to get up to the front row against the barcade right as Cornell's Black Hole Sun intro music was playing. Chris put on a great show featuring many old Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the Dog songs. It was like a Chris Cornell greatest hits set list. Then Chester joined him for Hunger Strike, which I thought was great and the crowd went wild. I heard many "Eddie" chants while the songs was jamming. I was rocking my Black reaper shirt from the MSG shows and I got a bunch of PJ shout outs. The local radio station was rocking a ton of PJ songs during a "PJ Power Hour" while I was looking for a ticket. Heard Black, RVM, Corduroy and a live version of Even Flow which sounded like from the recent bootlegs. Made me feel at home and made be forget I was at a Linkin Park show. All in all, Cornell and Linkin Park rocked the stage pretty hard and I was happy I got to see it all from the front row for a whopping $10. I think hearing Hunger Strike with Cornell was worth the $10 alone. Catch the tour near you if you can get in for a good price since some around me paid $200 each ticket to be in the pit area.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It was a good show. The rain added to the show and cooled things off a bit. I bought some Cornell dog tags to go with my PJ ones, and I caught a Cornell drumstick. On the way home I heard Alice, PJ, Soundgarden, and Nirvana.

Linkin Park was pretty good, not my favorite band but they did a good job. I was there for Cornell more and I did enjoy Hunger Strike. They talked about Chris playing there on the Lollapalooza 92 tour and how great it was to be out on the road with him. Fun show the rain really added to the excitement, reminded me of Seattle.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    I've been meaning to go see Linkin Park, but sadly they played the worst venue in the DC area, the Nisaan Pavillion. I have sworn that place off....

(...except for PJ)
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>