predators

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Sitting here with a nice beer buzz waitding for it to start. Popcorn sounds good.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I'm going tomorrow night! I can't wait!! 8-)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    lemme know how it is... im kindof on the fence... but i figure if i do see it it should be on the big screen
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I never watched the Predator movies. Saw the trailer for this and it looks badass. I watched the original Predator the other night, it was pretty good. Watching 2 tonight possibly
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Watching 2 tonight possibly
    ha... i'd recommend to go ahead and skip that one

this new one does look bad ass though... they chose the right director for the job

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Fuck yeah dude! I can't wait to see this. Predator was one of my favorite films as a kid.

Probably ignited my love for violent movies... :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    the original was really well done for 1987.

two horrible lines though.

when Arnold throws that knife, killing the guy and pins him to the wall, Arnold stops and says "stick around".

and right after that, these two enemies are in a hut looking over paperwork and accounting (while a apocolyptic gun battle with maany explosions is taking place all around them)... Arnold kicks in the door and says "Knock, knock"
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    Watching 2 tonight possibly
    ha... i'd recommend to go ahead and skip that one

this new one does look bad ass though... they chose the right director for the job
    i think 2 is underrated. its so batshit crazy. the awesome quotes from that movie can fill a book.
    MayDay10 wrote:

when Arnold throws that knife, killing the guy and pins him to the wall, Arnold stops and says "stick around".

"
    speaking of lines, i love that line. its a classic!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I never watched the Predator movies. Saw the trailer for this and it looks badass. I watched the original Predator the other night, it was pretty good. Watching 2 tonight possibly

If you ever watch the original two, I will give you this warning. In the second one, not too long into the movie there is a, what I think is nasty, sex scene that sounds like a vicious gorilla jungle fight.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Save your time and money. I was bored.from the begining to the end. Highlight was the preview for machete. You fucked with the wrong mexican.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Save your time and money. I was bored.from the begining to the end. Highlight was the preview for machete. You fucked with the wrong mexican.
    thanks for the heads up!

• wow i didnt realize they made a shot for shot remake of the first one, right down to the same lines. it was ok, but their was nothing new added.

but maybe it will make room for a good sequel.