Best pedalboard power

DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
edited July 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Have 9-12 pedals....What's the best option?? I'm using the 1spot now and it's just getting too noisy.

Also wanna check into power conditioners and stuff to keep from gettin the juice sucked from my rig at practice or gigs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I have a SKB PS-45 powered board. Best money I've ever spent.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,171
    i have an old furman powered pedalboard that i've had about 9 years or so. it powers 8 pedals plus has 3 outlets on it so it will power more. it is also acts as a power conditioner so that is good too..
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    My Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 dramatically cut down on the amount of noise I get. It's got 8 outputs, but you can "Y" together 2 analog pedals on a single output pretty easily (digital pedals tend to need much more juice, so they get their own).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Can't go wrong with a 1-Spot
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395

Unless the O.P. states pretty clearly that he owns a 1-Spot, and wants to get something better. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's saying he went wrong with a 1-Spot.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    My Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 dramatically cut down on the amount of noise I get. It's got 8 outputs, but you can "Y" together 2 analog pedals on a single output pretty easily (digital pedals tend to need much more juice, so they get their own).

Went with this. Besides this bein the best on the market according to everywhere else, this thing was recommended by the makers of my pedal board(PedalTrain). Got it bolted on underneath and mounted and there's room on the other side for another. Now to acquire the need for the that other PP2.

The 1spot is pretty good bang for the buck, but I almost always had some kinda buzz or hiss goin on with it. Also, it seems to take a little away from each pedal after playin with this pretty extensively for the time I've had it. Just feels like my effects pop a little more.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759

Unless the O.P. states pretty clearly that he owns a 1-Spot, and wants to get something better. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's saying he went wrong with a 1-Spot.
    You are correct...I retract my statement.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy