Options

What the heck time is it?

hewyhewy Posts: 140
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Hey...I'm getting really confused with all the PDT PST EST EDT stuff...If I live in Toronto, what time are the ticket sales for me? If it says 11am PDT, is that actually 1pm my time?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    hewy wrote:
    Hey...I'm getting really confused with all the PDT PST EST EDT stuff...If I live in Toronto, what time are the ticket sales for me? If it says 11am PDT, is that actually 1pm my time?

i think it would be 2pm your time. i dunno, i'm confused as well.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    hm, I think you may be right.

thanks for the help! :)
  • Options
    StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    PDT is 3 hours earlier than the east, assuming you're from the east. So yes, 11am PDT would be 2 pm Eastern time.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
    hewy wrote:
    hm, I think you may be right.

thanks for the help! :)

yep, 3 hours difference. I am lucky, I'm a teacher but do not have a class that day at 2pm so I can buy tickets for Mansfied...otherwise, I would have had to say 'sorry kids, I will be right back...need to purchase some PJ tickets...' :)
  • Options
    yes we are in eastern, +1 hr around ind. (central t.) +1 hr around west kansas(mountain) and +1 hr for idaho(pacific) great when traveling by car but hell comming back 1/2 the day is gone
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • Options
    ozcharlieozcharlie Posts: 91
    Does anyone know what time it would be in Sydney Australia,
    say for 9am PDT.

Or what is the difference between PST and PDT?
    well you know the pendulum throws
    farther out to the one side, swinging
    has to sweep back the other way
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    you east coasters need to get out more
  • Options
    yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    yep, 3 hours difference. I am lucky, I'm a teacher but do not have a class that day at 2pm so I can buy tickets for Mansfied...otherwise, I would have had to say 'sorry kids, I will be right back...need to purchase some PJ tickets...' :)

Haha, I am a guidance counselor....and currently in the middle of scheduling students for next year....our busiest time of the year. I am going in on Tuesday....and canceling several appointments with parents to make time for my ticket purchases. I have priorities!
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • Options
    ozcharlieozcharlie Posts: 91
    LOL... i have to buy tix at 3am, 5am (and 7am) in the morining, 4 days in a row....
    hehehe can't see myself getting much done at work, o well...shit happens..
    well you know the pendulum throws
    farther out to the one side, swinging
    has to sweep back the other way
  • Options

I'm a teacher too, and I always give my kids busy work when tickets go on sale, or I show a movie.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Smellyman wrote:
    you east coasters need to get out more

how would getting out more help them understand time zone differences?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    they put this in the poster sale announcments, i don't know why they didn't put in the one for the show

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    they put this in the poster sale announcments, i don't know why they didn't put in the one for the show

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
    hey, sweet, that's pretty useful.
    damn, those are awkward times for me to buy tickets...I work 8-5. oh well, breaks! :)