Moon the movie

BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Spoilers, so if you haven't scene it, please don't scroll down.

Wanted to hear what people thought of it? i loved it, love Sam Rockwell, good guy or bad guy he always rocks!!!
a combination of genre's, 2001, blade runner, one man play (almost ;) ), and an evil motherfuckin corporation. also an examination of what isolation of a person would do to somebody. just well done, i'm looking forward to Duncan Jones's next project.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I saw this movie a while ago but i remember being captivated by it. Very cool movie. I beieve David Bowie's son was the director.

Rockwell was awesome in it I hope they move forward with part 2 i seem to remember reading it was part of the plan to do so.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    easily one of the best movies i have seen in recent years.

spoiler.............

it was fun watching this movie from two perspectives. the first time watching, i had my doubts almost the entire movie that he was in fact a clone. there was always a question in my mind, that he was just losing it mentally and seeing visions. i dont know, i was just expecting the director to throw a curveball at the end there.

then watching it again, a second time around knowing 100% he was a clone was great. amazing performance by rockwell. the guy earned major props in my book for this one.

also LOVE how it was shot. very little CGI when he goes out on the moon & for the space shots.

i am always recommending this one to everyone.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    the "twist" is resolved too early and wasn't the psychological mind fuck i was hoping for

the acting, set, concept, etc. is all excellent though
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Pretty sad movie.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    awesome movie!!!!!!!
    makes me sad more ppl at my shop don't rent it.... but that's usually the case
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it was above average.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg