Options

One Song You Don't Mind Hearing All the Time

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited March 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
What's one song you love and do not care if the band plays it at every show you go to? For me, it would be Jeremy. The way the crowd interacts with Ed is just great, especially at the end. Both times I've seen them at Hartford, they've played the song and I've found a new love for the song.
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    As far as songs at a concert go, for me it would be Evolution. The stadium/arena/crowd just seems to come alive whenever they break into it
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • Options
    Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,617
    mine would have to be given to fly
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mine's Inside Job
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 456
    I would love Present Tense at every show. Would never get tired of it.
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    pjruss wrote:
    I would love Present Tense at every show. Would never get tired of it.

+1
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    corduroy
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    EvoLukinEvoLukin Posts: 188
    LUKIN(Fast, Slow, Acoustic, New, Old)
    "Smelly Velvet"-EV on Stone's velvet shorts(ATL 94)

Atlanta,GA 1994 1&2
    N.Charleston, SC 1996
    Greenville, SC 1998
    Atlanta, GA 2000
    Columbia, SC 2008
    EV(2009) - Atlanta 1
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    As far as songs at a concert go, for me it would be Evolution. The stadium/arena/crowd just seems to come alive whenever they break into it

Agreed. I always go apeshit crazy and it is where I get my biggest and baddest bruises.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Yellow ledbetter that's for sure, but after this tour it will be also Just breathe.
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    In My Tree
  • Options
    BiaBia Posts: 32
    Not easy to chose only one....I have a list....but Nothingman is one of my favorites but also Black and Betterman.
    I know all the rules but the rules do not know me!

12/04/2005 - Rio de Janeiro

• Options
    StraitlineStraitline Posts: 77
    In Hiding
    M.Y.T.H. is belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear.

"If you love someone set them free ... if someone loves you don´t fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    TonykinTonykin Posts: 252
    Even flow

"... Tan suato mi'jo!!"

-Salomón & Artemisa Vargas
  • Options
    Once... that first song. The year 1991. Getting the Ten tape cassette. Wow! The first pj song I heard for myself.no MTV.no RADIO.just your hard earned money being put on the line. In the hopes you may have found a good band. Well my life was changed at that moment. I love this band for what they were.what they have become. And what they help me out of and build me up too...
    thefixer
  • Options
    gundagunda Posts: 97
    state of love and trust
    8-23-00 jones beach 10-21-01 cal 7-14_03 pnc 5-18_10 nj msg1 5-20-10
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    gunda wrote:
    state of love and trust

Yep, definitely SOLAT
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Once... that first song. The year 1991. Getting the Ten tape cassette. Wow! The first pj song I heard for myself.no MTV.no RADIO.just your hard earned money being put on the line. In the hopes you may have found a good band. Well my life was changed at that moment. I love this band for what they were.what they have become. And what they help me out of and build me up too...

Well said.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    JoeTzuJoeTzu Posts: 88
    Do the Evolution.
    I love "hallelujah"
    Can't get enough of the songs verbal irony.
    Tickle my nausea
  • Options
    greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    YL.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Porch
  • Options
    BLACK.

as cliche as it may be, that song is my all time favorite and i find that every version is sooo different and sooo beautiful. gives me chills everytime. i actually get a little sad when i am at a show and it doesn't get played. ha.

also don't mind DTE or GTF.. always good energy songs.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Straitline wrote:
    In Hiding

Agreed, In Friggin Hiding.

As far as the rarer stuff, it's gotta be Release.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    release
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options

crazy mary...i cant explain why, but for whatever reason its my go to song on any boot i listen to
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,264
    Hmm... I have three:

Rearviewmirror, because it's my favorite, and it blows my mind.

Given to Fly, because the crowd participation and the sheer joy of it are overwhelming.

In Hiding, because it's In Hiding and I love it almost as much as RVM. (I think you can hear my scream at the beginning of In Hiding on the Newark boot. :oops: )

I could hear all three of these songs at every PJ show I attended, and I would be overcome with joy.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    EvoLukin wrote:
    LUKIN(Fast, Slow, Acoustic, New, Old)

Yes!! Lukin!!

And DTE
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Hmm... I have three:

In Hiding, because it's In Hiding and I love it almost as much as RVM. (I think you can hear my scream at the beginning of In Hiding on the Newark boot. :oops: )

That could've been me too! It was the first time I had ever heard it live and it was right after my other first Immortality, wow I blew my voice out after those two! :mrgreen:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    save you
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,271
    Hard to imagine, my favorite and I got it in Copenhagen -07 and Berlin -09 but only once at each gig!!!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Sappy113Sappy113 Posts: 178
    Black. Greatest song ever created. The raw emotion contained in the live version is pretty much second to none for me. It's got awesome crowd participation - "I'm spinning", "I hope someday.." (which is also my favorite part of any PJ-song) and the dodo's and the tag. Pure win.

I sure would like to see Jeremy live again though too.