Current Cover Songs

Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
edited July 2010 in The Porch
What is that with every tour they introduce new cover songs which are total shite. They play too many at the best of times. Touring with a new album, play those songs.

Public Image - They opened Werchter with it, what an awful awful song and to play it as an opener is shit. One of the best things about a PJ show is trying to guess the opener, will it be slow or fast, new or old etc not shite like that. Think they have played it twice now

Arms aloft - Again another awful shit song, i think it put the audience to sleep in Dublin and yet theh have played it a few times now.

Will they ever play a Cover Free show? It would be fantastic if they did even if i didt get to see the show, i wouldnt have to skip the covera on the bootleg.
Kearnsy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    :o I loved Arms Aloft!
  • BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
    How dare they not okay the set list with you first. Clearly this band does not care about its fans.

How dare they experiment with different covers!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Clearly this person didn't hear this year's Hartford show.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    Loved Arms Aloft in Hyde Park

Yes PJ do a lot of covers and yes sometimes they aren't that great but no covers means, no Crazy Mary, no Last Kiss (not a personal favourite but it has its fans), no Rockin in the Free World, no Masters of War, no Real Me, no I Believe in Miracles, no Won't Back Down and technically no Crown of Thorns!!!!!!

So you get a few tracks you don't like here and there, so what? They play over 25 songs a night - you're still getting a great fucking show ... and I'd rather hear any of the above than anything off Backspacer tbh.
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
  • jnaughtjnaught Posts: 74
    StoneAment wrote:
    Loved Arms Aloft in Hyde Park

Yes PJ do a lot of covers and yes sometimes they aren't that great but no covers means, no Crazy Mary, no Last Kiss (not a personal favourite but it has its fans), no Rockin in the Free World, no Masters of War, no Real Me, no I Believe in Miracles, no Won't Back Down and technically no Crown of Thorns!!!!!!

So you get a few tracks you don't like here and there, so what? They play over 25 songs a night - you're still getting a great fucking show ... and I'd rather hear any of the above than anything off Backspacer tbh.

Let's not forget that they wouldn't play Baba O'Reilly, either! Or Fortunate Son, or Love Reign 'Oer Me ... the list goes on and on ...

And, while I wasn't at the Hartford show, I agree with the person who mentioned it - Ain't Talkin Bout Love was awesome!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Newch91 wrote:

:D

OTOTO!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    JimmyV wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:D

OTOTO!

That's what makes it even better!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • I BOUGHT THE HARTFORD BOOT JUST FOR THE VH COVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WOULD OF SHIT MY PANTS IF I HEARD THAT AT NEWARK OR MSG1
    BIG VH FAN HERE..........SEEN UM 11X
    uncle matty
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    A lot of the cover songs they play are some of the the reasons Pearl Jam plays music or are in a band to begin with. It is fun for them to play their favorite songs from their favorite bands.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,151
    I know that if I was in a popular band

(I can't sing or play an instrument..however)

I'd love to pull out the odd PJ number.

...the next song is from a band that changed my life...the band is Pearl Jam...this song's called..insert any song!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14