Kudos

bikenboardbikenboard Posts: 1
edited July 2010 in The Porch
I've been a PJ fan since I first heard Evenflow when I was 18 and working in a doughnut shop in 1992. I've never really relayed my appreciation in the 18 years since. Well, I have bought, and enjoyed every album they've put out (certainly some more than others!), and seen them live on a number of occasions. I'm not their biggest fan I'm sure, but without a doubt they are the band I've enjoyed the most over the years. I've loved the fact that the guys aren't afraid to try different things, and have experimented with sounds and styles, and that the lyrics have punch.

Music aside, I've always been appreciative of their efforts to try and do what they think is right by supporting causes. I may not always have agreed 100% with some of their views, but at least they are making an effort, which is what we all need to do. The new amongst the waves video is another great example of their willingness to speak out. Over and above all that, I just love the fact that they're still rocking, still together, and still putting out ace music, backspacer is up there as one of my favourite albums. Keep up the good work guys, Kudos to a band that cares, and continues to rock!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Great first post - and welcome to the boards!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    LukinFan wrote:
    Great first post - and welcome to the boards!
    +1
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1