Did Lance dope?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
As a fan of his, i obviously dont want it to be true, that said, he certainly has quite a few people saying he doped. Although that could be for many reasons, one that its true, or two these people are out to bring down the most dominant cyclist of our generation, and maybe ever.

Lance, is a hero of mine. With several people in my family with cancer, and my grandmother who passed away from breast cancer, i look at lance as a story of hope. Not the obama crap, called hope. but real hope.

One of my favorite Nike ads ever, is the one where its lance, crying at the press conference where he announces he has cancer. He says he has testicular cancer that spread to his abdomen and brain and lungs. Then the commercial ends. Nike is one of the most evil corporations on earth but i'll be damned if this is not one of the finest commercials ever.

The point is, the guy came back from death. he had every reason to give up. To lie in bed the rest of his life. To cower under the covers. To refuse to leave the house. To go into a deep depression. And in all honesty all those things would have been perfectly acceptable. Instead the guy trains like a madman, and wins 7 straight Tours. Unreal. Even last year, when he didnt win, didnt he not get to train a ton, and still placed 4th was it? Pretty amazing.

That said, I dont want the allegations of doping to be true, but whats everyone elses take? Certainly cycling has major doping issues just like every other sport does right now, and certainly we know major cyclists like Landis did indeed dope, and lied about it.

Lance may have the most incredible sports story in history. Its unparalleled. He goes from deaths bed to winning 7 straight tours. You just cant fathom something like that. And lance's yellow bracelet thing and his activism around cancer has been unbelievably successful, maybe the single most successful campaign for cancer we have seen in modern times, he and we all raised millions with those bracelets.

Did he dope? Or is he really just THAT good?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    he doped.........but he's still pretty fucking amazing.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    imalive wrote:
    he doped.........but he's still pretty fucking amazing.

why do you think he did?

And do you think lance, if it does come out conclusively somehow, sometime that he did dope that he deserves special ridicule because of how he framed all this. Its one thing to cheat, and dope, to win. Its quite another to have the whole cancer story attached to it, he survived cancer, to win 7 in a row. The fact that if he did dope, he willingly used the cancer story to his benefit would almost be sacreligious in nature.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    like i said in previous threads ... the reason why i know he doped is simple:

in all my years watching the tour - every cyclist has bad days ... in his 7 year reign - he had one and it was because he wasn't properly hydrated ...

if you truly want to be inspired - go to your local food bank or hospital where you see everyday people like you and me volunteer their time to help those who can't help themselves ... those are real heroes ... people who make millions of dollars are demi-gods built up by some marketing PR company ... they aren't necessarily bad people but they are too controlled by their corporate image ...
  • juan lesterjuan lester Posts: 321
    i think he's that good and he doped. at that level, i don't think there is a clean rider out there. i want to believe in some degree of cleanliness, but with all the crazy cutting edge shit that is out there and masking agents for everything, my cynicism won't allow for a pass for lance, or any of them for that matter. the guys as the tippy top can't stay there, or even get there without keeping up with the science of it all. the guys that race mountain bikes on weekends by my house, i'm reasonbly sure they are clean (unless you count beer and weed as steroids). love lance, but the culture he's in is all about juicing. hope i am wrong.
    uke can save the world
  • gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    I don't think he did any drugs that were against the rules.
    for whatever thats worth
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I don't give 2 shits if he doped. Take all
    The steroids they want. It's their life. I don't care, I don't think less of anyone for doing it. Good for them. If I had one nut I'd be on some kind of dope. Oh no someone took something to improve their strength.
    I'll be back
    74b856bb.jpg
    I'll be back
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I think he doped like most of the other riders, or at least the top riders. Cycling has or had a culture of doping for riders to be competitive. I would like to say it is changing, but I'm not so sure about that. It seems to be a competition of who has the best doctors. And the science of the cheaters versus the science of those trying to catch the cheaters. I think Lance doped. I understand that most riders have done this, but what I don't like about Lance is that he has played godfather of the cycling policy of keeping your mouth shut. If you get caught don't rat out anyone else. Lance makes those that rebel suffer. He has a lot of power in cycling and he doesn't wield in a nice way.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I think he doped like most of the other riders, or at least the top riders. Cycling has or had a culture of doping for riders to be competitive. I would like to say it is changing, but I'm not so sure about that. It seems to be a competition of who has the best doctors. And the science of the cheaters versus the science of those trying to catch the cheaters. I think Lance doped. I understand that most riders have done this, but what I don't like about Lance is that he has played godfather of the cycling policy of keeping your mouth shut. If you get caught don't rat out anyone else. Lance makes those that rebel suffer. He has a lot of power in cycling and he doesn't wield in a nice way.

forget what i was gona say, this nails it. anyway screw the french!!!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    beating cancer is great. But really , the dude rides a fucking bike!!! Same with your other threads about other sports "stars" these guys make a ton of money for playing kids games. SO FUCKING WHAT!!!!

Bring up something of substance. Actions for change. Change for the better.

I'll not lose sleep tonight if he's found to have doped or not. Big fucking deal. Either way. Far more important things that are fucked up to be concerned about. Just my opinion.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    beating cancer is great. But really , the dude rides a fucking bike!!! Same with your other threads about other sports "stars" these guys make a ton of money for playing kids games. SO FUCKING WHAT!!!!

Bring up something of substance. Actions for change. Change for the better.

I'll not lose sleep tonight if he's found to have doped or not. Big fucking deal. Either way. Far more important things that are fucked up to be concerned about. Just my opinion.

Agree.
    I'll be back
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Lance is badass with or without some kind of dope shit.
    i'm sure he won the races far and square.
    Lance is an aerodynamic peddling machine.
    fuck ya'll for not keeping up.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613

concur.
    riverrunner speaks the truth.
    www.myspace.com
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    I don't give 2 shits if he doped. Take all
    The steroids they want. It's their life. I don't care, I don't think less of anyone for doing it. Good for them. If I had one nut I'd be on some kind of dope. Oh no someone took something to improve their strength.

While I agree with most of that I'd include that the man is a fraud if he truly doped. I believe he did. He cheated and is a cheater. People still buy into it. Who is the dummy?
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Hey, my dealer's name is Lance too. Same guy...?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Did Lance dope?
    Probably.
    He probably doped just like everyone else in the sport...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I think all athletes should dope. Makes sports more interesting. I want to go to baseball games where every ball that is connected with gets CRUSHED out of the park. Lance should take more dope... and then Im going to race him with my car and I want him to win. THEN cycling is interesting.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    TOUR DE DOPE
    THEY'RE ALL A BUNCH OF FRAUDS
    www.myspace.com