For those of you working today

edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
A big shout out to you. How was your 4th? What did you do? I have to work today (for no apparent reason) and I'm bored off my ass. If you are bored and bitter like me I'd love to hear from you. This is my only outlet to fend off the boredom until 5:30 PST.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I am working, I did some bbqing and cleaning on the 4th.
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I'm working, I'm Canadian though so it's not a holiday for me. I'm trying to fight off boredom too...It's an everyday occurence...well Monday to Friday 7:30am to 3:30pm anyways.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i'm working only because i took my holiday day friday for a wedding. i am the only one in the office right now, so i am blasting my ipod, surfing the net. productivity at it's finest.

went into manhattan lastnight to watch the fireworks right on the river. got insanely drunk, and thought it would be a good idea to go for a "swim" in a large fountain outside of an office building on my walk back to the subway. fun night.
  • rival. wrote:
    i'm working only because i took my holiday day friday for a wedding. i am the only one in the office right now, so i am blasting my ipod, surfing the net. productivity at it's finest.

Glad to see that I'm not alone here. :D My internet connection at work sucks so PJ radio is not a good solution. Gonna have to keep my iPod going for another 8 hours I guess...
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    rival. wrote:
    went into manhattan lastnight to watch the fireworks right on the river. got insanely drunk, and thought it would be a good idea to go for a "swim" in a large fountain outside of an office building on my walk back to the subway. fun night.

I wish there was a law to obligate people to have as much fun as you had yesterday! People would forget about immigration, the War, Taxes...

Sir I salute you!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    arq wrote:
    rival. wrote:

I wish there was a law to obligate people to have as much fun as you had yesterday! People would forget about immigration, the War, Taxes...

Sir I salute you!

:)

my friend just reminded me that i got into a big argument with the bartender because when my pearl jam plays came up on the jukebox, it wasn't loud enough, that "he can do better than that."

love the 4th, but im not going near a beer for a little while!
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Not working/working..its all the same to me..I take care of 3 of my 5 grand babies on a daily basis, and a 4th one or two times a week. It's work, yes, but it's also a gesture of love. (Do wish I saw the 5th child more often :( though

On the 3rd we did the BBQ, parade, celebration in the park, spray park, fireworks, family and friends,sparklers, all that good stuff,

On the 4th, we did a BBQ out of necessity since the power went out AGAIN, 2nd time in as many weekends, but it was cool, the neighbors were all outside too since no fans/ac inside, it was "slightly" cooler outside than in, so we all had smores, and talked and met people in our own neighborhood that we either had not met before, or only in passing, and so it all turned out to be a good evening.

But working? I'm always working. And it just goes to show me why God/Goddess/Mother Nature was decidedly very wise when she arranged the female body to carry and care for babies in their 20s rather than at my age...lol!!

It's all good...I wouldn't trade it for the world.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Working too.

One of the colder 4th's of recent memory. I took a nice mtn bike ride yesterday morn and it was 45*F when I started. My wife and I about froze to death waiting for the local town fireworks display, but they were worth it. Cooked a nice BBQ for my parents and grandma yesterday for lunch, life could be alot worse...

Nice to hear others are bored as i am.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06