Say something nice about a fellow board member.

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    imalive said:

SD48277 said:

With all the slings and arrows being tossed about, I thought it would be nice to recognize the awesome folks on here who are helping out in a couple of different fundraisers--whether they have donated goods or $$, or both, or have simply bumped the threads to remind others. I'm sorry I don't have a detailed list of all the people, but it's great to see the community rally to help others.

I'm one! :wave:

SD has nice lil' boobs.

:blush:

:clap:
    That Hobbes dude is pretty cool.

Hobbes is very cool. So is Halifaxxx for his PBS fund-drive efforts, imalive for for getting the message out to his peeps, 2-feign, BB, and WH for their awesome donations and continued bumps--along with all the others. Good people on these boards.
    ELITIST FUK
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    ^^^^Thanks. Right back at you both.

Good people, indeed. I'd say strangers helping strangers, but I don't think we're all that strange. Weird, most definitely, but not strange.

:peace:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Wow. Humbling in so many ways.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527

SD48277 said:

With all the slings and arrows being tossed about, I thought it would be nice to recognize the awesome folks on here who are helping out in a couple of different fundraisers--whether they have donated goods or $$, or both, or have simply bumped the threads to remind others. I'm sorry I don't have a detailed list of all the people, but it's great to see the community rally to help others.

Poor Tiger!! That would literally kill him! ;-)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    Hmmmmmm.....brianlux is the coolest old dude on this site....knowledgeable in music and super tolerant....except for assholes....he doesn't tolerate assholes.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Very awesome of Imalive and Halifax and the others on the Hannah fundraiser, even Eddie mentioned it! You guys did an outstanding job !!
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    imalive said:

Hmmmmmm.....brianlux is the coolest old dude on this site....knowledgeable in music and super tolerant....except for assholes....he doesn't tolerate assholes.

Brian has tolerated me just fine...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888

imalive said:

Brian has tolerated me just fine...
    Last is a good dude...but, pretty sure, skeered of AMT.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    SD48277 said:

imalive said:

SD48277 said:

I'm one! :wave:

SD has nice lil' boobs.

:blush:

Hobbes is very cool. So is Halifaxxx for his PBS fund-drive efforts, imalive for for getting the message out to his peeps, 2-feign, BB, and WH for their awesome donations and continued bumps--along with all the others. Good people on these boards.
    Speaking of which... I'm going to go mail off everyone's prizes tomorrow! I promise!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    That one guy...the one who keeps trying to cut his fingers off...he's a good dude.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    PJ_Soul, you're good people. You seem to be getting some flack around here lately. Not sure why. You are a strong, opinionated, out spoken Pearl Jam fan. That describes me as well. Maybe not quite on these boards, yet, but most definitely in person. I enjoy reading your posts. :peace:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I don't care for any of you, except for you.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hobbes said:

PJ_Soul, you're good people. You seem to be getting some flack around here lately. Not sure why. You are a strong, opinionated, out spoken Pearl Jam fan. That describes me as well. Maybe not quite on these boards, yet, but most definitely in person. I enjoy reading your posts. :peace:

How cool is this?

Seconded!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,887
    edited May 2015
    Hobbes said:

Thank you Hobbes! I really appreciate that, because yeah, I have been having a hard time here, and i just don't know why... I'm obviously doing something wrong in some people's eyes, but I am just being myself, so can't help it, and it's making me sad. It's getting tough to handle though - I'm far from emotionally bulletproof, and i do take it personally. But comments like yours really do help me feel better. I'm still thinking about departing because of the flack, but people like you (and there are so many great people here) are keeping me here for now, so thank you. :) I actually came here just to show my appreciation in general for all the people who actually don't seem to hate me - thanks to all of you too!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Hobbes said:

Thank you Hobbes! I really appreciate that, because yeah, I have been having a hard time here, and i just don't know why... I'm obviously doing something wrong in some people's eyes, but I am just being myself, so can't help it, and it's making me sad. It's getting tough to handle though - I'm far from emotionally bulletproof, and i do take it personally. But comments like yours really do help me feel better. I'm still thinking about departing because of the flack, but people like you (and there are so many great people here) are keeping me here for now, so thank you. :) I actually came here just to show my appreciation in general for all the people who actually don't seem to hate me - thanks to all of you too!
    You CAN't leave!! Who else is going to make fun of my Granny Panties flapping in the wind on the fence line?!?!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I do not understand any of the folks who give you a hard time, PJ_Soul. You rock, and I love that you say what you want to say with honesty and always with respect. Don't change!

I do not understand any of the folks who give you a hard time, PJ_Soul. You rock, and I love that you say what you want to say with honesty and always with respect. Don't change!

I agree with Leezestar!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    PJ_Soul said:

Hobbes said:

Aaargh - no, don't leave! I have no idea why some people make the sort of comments that they do, but that's on them. My rule of thumb online - enjoy the good, ignore the bad... and if you can't ignore it, make fun of it :smile: . We would sure miss you.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • I wonder if anyone has ever said anything nice about me? I'm afraid to look, in case no one has. Then I would feel really bad. :(
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    TWTM is a funny and kind gentleman. :smile:
    ELITIST FUK
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851

I wonder if anyone has ever said anything nice about me? I'm afraid to look, in case no one has. Then I would feel really bad. :(

Fishing for compliments again young man, tsk, tsk :wink:
    And yes there has been nice things written about through out the threads, I believe there was something in the Fundraiser for Holly thread as a quick reference....you should go look.

As for PJ_Soul, you are what we call witty and sarcastic and some people don't understand that language, as a devoted student of wit and sarcasm I think you're awesome.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • SD48277 said:

TWTM is a funny and kind gentleman. :smile:

Awww, thank you. lol. You are too sweet :)
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

I wonder if anyone has ever said anything nice about me? I'm afraid to look, in case no one has. Then I would feel really bad. :(

This guy and his pity, what an a£€+{ haha
  • badbrains said:

This guy and his pity, what an a£€+{ haha
    lol, that made me laugh
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    i miss hank
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited May 2015
    Nami said:

i miss hank

PM him so that he knows. I do that with other folks that I don't see around here for a while. In fact, I just did that today.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352

You also have one of the best forum names around here!

• I wonder if anyone has ever said anything nice about me? I'm afraid to look, in case no one has. Then I would feel really bad. :(

Fishing for compliments again young man, tsk, tsk :wink:
    And yes there has been nice things written about through out the threads, I believe there was something in the Fundraiser for Holly thread as a quick reference....you should go look

Well I'm usually getting pity for my threads, but I guess I'm also a little insecure too. But ok I need to find this thread and read my other nice comment!

You also have one of the best forum names around here!

Aww, thanks! :)