EVO

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Posting from my EVO. So far so good. Still learning to type fast.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    81 wrote:
    Posting from my EVO. So far so good. Still learning to type fast.

Is that the HTC EVO from Sprint? The 4.0 one? If so, how is it? I need to get a new phone and was thinking of jumping into the newest one out there.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The one and only. I like so far. LeArning to type with only thumbs is tough. My brain works to fast for the thumbs. 4g is cool
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Sweet. I will probably check it out in person next week and if all goes well, I will get it.

tough to find them. i needed two. we went to best buy, they said evo's in stock. they only had one, and none of the other bb's in the area had any. gf called half a dozen sprint stores before finding a pair. if you already have sprint, lie and say you don't. they have a few hidden away.

lot of neat little features. 4g is cool. i'm now trying to do the tether thing so i can surf the net on the computer. using the phone is ok for short amounts, but i need to get the PC working to justify the cost.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:
    tough to find them. i needed two. we went to best buy, they said evo's in stock. they only had one, and none of the other bb's in the area had any. gf called half a dozen sprint stores before finding a pair. if you already have sprint, lie and say you don't. they have a few hidden away.

lot of neat little features. 4g is cool. i'm now trying to do the tether thing so i can surf the net on the computer. using the phone is ok for short amounts, but i need to get the PC working to justify the cost.

A guy I work with just got one he said his battery life has been brutal

Screen is huge though

Bigger than my INCREDIBLE
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    81 wrote:

Screen is huge though

I have the Samsung Instinct right now and that came with 2 batteries in the box. Guessing the EVO only comes with 1? I can wait till the hype dies down to get one. If it takes 3-4 months, that is cool with me.

81 wrote:

Screen is huge though

it's huge. one of the things that sold me. i tried the incredible, and it was too small for me to use the internet on.

i just got the tether to work and am now surfing the net via the EVO.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    youngster wrote:
    81 wrote:

Screen is huge though

I have the Samsung Instinct right now and that came with 2 batteries in the box. Guessing the EVO only comes with 1? I can wait till the hype dies down to get one. If it takes 3-4 months, that is cool with me.

only one battery. it shouldn't take 3 months. they are out there....heck, i saw them on sprint's website last night for sale. the one best buy said they were getting shipments every couple of days.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited July 2010
    866172607.png

8-)

and below is my cable test run later in the night

866344741.png
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    oh yeah....it tethers for free as well. :P no need for pdanet app.

4g rules. it sucks up battery power, but it just smokes the 3g

love it live

so far the only negative is the radio doesn't get any reception at the house
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    81 wrote:
    866172607.png

8-)

and below is my cable test run later in the night

866344741.png

Damn!!!! :shock: Those are some impressive numbers!!

I just tested my 3G Droid and I got 1.4 down and .9 up.
    Frog. How do you paste
    It seems to run faster when tethered. Pulled 3.3 down and .5 up from the phone
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    it's official, we have gone 100% wireless. called up the cable company today and cancelled that service.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg