I JUST PAID $11.75 FOR A PACK OF cigarettes

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    metsfan wrote:
    so explain something to me NYPJ1(jason) how are you are a lakers fan and were born and raised in ny. Least I've actually been to a cowboys games in irving texas. I bet you've never been to LA to see a lakers game.

Btw- it was the marlins doing of playing 3 home games in puerto rico

Now, now. Don't be a douche.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    $11.75? How is that chubby toddler in Indonesia going to be able to afford that?!?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Sidnum wrote:
    Wow. And all you have to do is not smoke. Could save $1-1.5K a year I'm guessing(if you smoked a pack every other day) Pack a day-$2k a year. Imagine a pack a day at 11.75. $4,288 per year to smoke. This always amazes me.

did the math save 7,000 per year :shock:

Well there you go. All the motivation you need to quit. Unless you make 6 figures a year. But you realize that's $583 a month? Think what you could do with that extra cash. New car, vacation, Pearl Jam tickets, etc.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    $11.75? How is that chubby toddler in Indonesia going to be able to afford that?!?
    :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    metsfan wrote:
    Yeah, smokes aren't stogies, dude. I thought your were talking about blunts or backwoods or something.

so explain something to me NYPJ1(jason) how are you are a lakers fan and were born and raised in ny. Least I've actually been to a cowboys games in irving texas. I bet you've never been to LA to see a lakers game.

actually ive been to the staples for a finals game and last year saw the clincher in orlando

ever see a cowboys superbowl ?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Those things will kill ya :|

you already broke my heart when u picked the aussie dude :cry::mrgreen:
    Awww :( But he doesn't really like the beach...so you can be my beach buddy :mrgreen:

auusie doesn't like beach?? dump him :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    edited July 2010
    metsfan wrote:

lol

Takes a douche to know a douche

:P
    Post edited by Gary Carter on
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

auusie doesn't like beach?? dump him :mrgreen:
    haha He has English skin and burns. Even burns when I have the sunroof open :roll: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    metsfan wrote:

impossible :lol:

and i still don't know what he is talking about..my name is neil

actually ive been to the staples for a finals game and last year saw the clincher in orlando

never in person but I hope to one day

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    good.

you might as well quit.
    www.myspace.com
    metsfan wrote:

never in person but I hope to one day

sooooo shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

worry about your supposed team
    good.

you might as well quit.

im gonna after the this last smoke filled weekend

i need to smoke on the beach i love it
    metsfan wrote:

Sure it is NYPJ1

Lay off the sun in rockway beach. I think its having a effect on you.

metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Sure it is NYPJ1

Lay off the sun in rockway beach. I think its having a effect on you.

um never been to rockaway bud

thats bathgate

lay off the funny smoke
    going home to smoke my brains out more ways than one had a good night all
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Sure leave

Fine

have a great weekend.

um never been to rockaway bud

thats bathgate

lay off the funny smoke
    sure you haven't NYPJ1. But let's not drag this out anymore then we already have.

I don't smoke dude. You must have me confused with someone else.

KO282453 wrote:

Sure leave

Fine

have a great weekend.

sadly i have work tommorrow

but have a great weekend urself
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    norm wrote:
    a "pack"? :?

i pay that for 1 cigar (well, between 7-11 bucks) :)

What do you smoke usually ?

I've been digging 5 Vegas GOLD and Classic

I think Im gonna create a Cigar thread
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    metsfan wrote:

metsfan calling someone out for being a fraud.

ladies and gentlemen, we've entered bizarro world. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Btw- it was the marlins doing of playing 3 home games in puerto rico[/quote]

Now, now. Don't be a douche.[/quote]

ladies and gentlemen, we've entered bizarro world. :lol:[/quote]

+1
    metsfan wrote:

this kid said he rooted for his nl east RIVAL PHILLY !!! IN THE WS :roll:

BECAUSE he didn't want to here young yankee fans :lol:

give me a break

thats like me rooting for the sox over the mets .... FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!
    metsfan wrote:

the op is a yankees and lakers fan. Can't be anymore of a fraud fan then those teams. Op probably became a yanks fan during the 70's when they were good and were the it team and a lakers fan in the 80's fan. He's probably also a duke or unc fan. Least I actually watch cowboys games and can rattle off cowboy qb's in between aikman and homo. I bet the op can't even name the laker centers inbetween sweet lew and buyum. Also need I remind you long island doesn't have a football team and neither the giants or jets have played in ny in over 30. Would your panties get in a bunch if I was a dolphins fan or does the fact I'm a cowboys fan bother you so much. I take great joy in knowing that you and every other philly fan on here get so pissed off at me for being a cowboys fan. That's pretty fucking pathetic.

this kid said he rooted for his nl east RIVAL PHILLY !!! IN THE WS :roll:

BECAUSE he didn't want to here young yankee fans :lol:

give me a break

thats like me rooting for the sox over the mets .... FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!

So you would root for the islanders if they were playing the devils in the conference finals. After all the islanders are ny team. I highly doubt you would do that NYPJ1.

The mets aren't rivals with the phils. Braves and mets have more of a rivalrly. Get a clue jason.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Think of how many men told their families that they were going out for a pack of smokes but were really running-away from them forever.

If smokes were so expensive back then, more families would still be together.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    When I quit somking 6 years ago they were $9.50 a pack now here the same brand is $12.50 and the government is putting a price rise over the board every six months for the next two years some by 2012 they will be $17!!!! My partner still smokes but he knows that he has to give up soon cos we just can't afford it.

A large select committee is trying to ban all tobacco products by 2020!!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Speaking of NYC being expensive, I was reading Spin's article on Gaslight Anthem the other day and it said the guys paid around $55 for three 6-packs!!! :shock: One thing about it, if I lived there I damn sure wouldn't drink nearly as much as I do now! Apparently I wouldn't smoke much either
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Speaking of NYC being expensive, I was reading Spin's article on Gaslight Anthem the other day and it said the guys paid around $55 for three 6-packs!!! :shock: One thing about it, if I lived there I damn sure wouldn't drink nearly as much as I do now! Apparently I wouldn't smoke much either

You'd think if the price of living was higher, the income would be a little bit more balanced?

Can someone from NYC confirm or shoot this down?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    depends on the beer they bought. If they bought guniess or bass or some good microbrew then yea it will be $55 for 3 6-packs