Options

Happy Canada Day! :)

FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Happy CANADA Day to my fellow Canucks :P :P :P

Post some pictures of where you live or where you have traveled in this amazing country :D

canada_flag_sunset.jpg

705px-Canada_flag_mapsvg-1.png

Snowbirds, Victoria, B.C.
dea84aac.jpg

Snowbirds, Victoria, B.C.
b753f196.jpg

35db657a.jpg

Wickinnish Beach, Long Beach, Pacific Rim National Park
Troyscamera288-1.jpg

Meares Island, Tofino, B.C.
IMG_1212.jpg

Tofino, B. C.
IMG_1080.jpg

Long Beach, Pacific Rim National Park
IMG_1053.jpg

P7070569-1.jpg

Emerald Lake, B.C.
204-1.jpg

Kicking Horse River, B.C.
215-1.jpg

Valhalla, Alberta
P7100581-1.jpg

Horseshoe Canyon, Drumheller, Alberta
032-1-1.jpg

Grizzlies, Banff National Park
201-1.jpg

Jasper National Park
P7080577-1.jpg
"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Great pics!! and Happy Canada Day :D
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    HAPPY CANADA DAY :D TO ALL CANUCKS
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Niagara20Falls-Canada.jpg
    Happy Canada Day!
    Niagara Falls Canadian side
    We have enjoyed 2 wonderful trips to Canada, one before we were married in the late 70's and again for PJ in Toronto in 05 celebrating JB's 50th birthday, love your country and most especially these breathtaking falls! I could watch them for hours :D
  • Options
    riverrun71riverrun71 Posts: 57
    happy canada day!

I've never not had fun in Canada. Living in Buffalo I've been there countless times, fort erie, the falls, toronto, even quebec city once for a class trip in high school.

Cheers to my neighbors to the north.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    terrencenphilip.jpg
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Quebec%20Shield.png
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Damn... you guys made the NHL free agency day a National holiday? That's hardcore...

Seriously though, Happy Canada Day to our neighbors to the north. Beautiful country you got there...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Nice pics. Happy Canada Day my friends!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Happy Canada Day to my fellow canucks.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Pancake stack with maple syrup the breakfast of the day?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    HAPPY HAPPY
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    happy Canada day

lol and happy NHL Free Agent day

so nice to not have to work
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!
    :D
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    pandora wrote:
    Niagara20Falls-Canada.jpg
    Happy Canada Day!
    Niagara Falls Canadian side
    We have enjoyed 2 wonderful trips to Canada, one before we were married in the late 70's and again for PJ in Toronto in 05 celebrating JB's 50th birthday, love your country and most especially these breathtaking falls! I could watch them for hours :D

Thanks for posting a picture pandora :D The Falls are stunning. Unfortunately I don't have any digititised pictures from my many sojourns to Eastern Canada or I would have added them too :? :)

And thanks lukin2006 for the commercials . . . Molson Canadian commercials always make me want to go outside and have a beer :? :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    happy canada day to all! i just returned home to this great country after a short eurotrip, and boy, did i miss it.
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Happy Canada Day! Sailor the Labrador will be wearing his maple leaf bandana (bred and born in Ontario, but a permanent resident of the US since puppyhood).

Enjoy the day!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Happy Canada Day all my amazing Canuck friends ... You live in the most amazing country in the world eh!

My favourite sight was driving up the side of Kennedy Lake on the way to Tofino ... I got the shivers at the sight then cried like a baby

http://stevepell.ca/wp-content/uploads/ ... ennedy.jpg
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    canadian.jpg
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Happy Canada Day! Thank you for the diverse landscapes, top notch "free" healthcare and gold medal hockey teams... oh and poutine :lol: Canada, you are the best :)

I love my fellow Canadians.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Be there tomorrow Night!!! :mrgreen: just an 11 hour drive away :( , but Worth it!!!
  • Options
    Happy Canada Day! Thank you for the diverse landscapes, top notch "free" healthcare and gold medal hockey teams... oh and poutine :lol: Canada, you are the best :)

Speaking of poutines, a sweet donair poutine from Alexandra's Pizza before the fireworks begin will be in order this evening! *drools
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Thanks for Neil Young. ;)

Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends. :P
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    demetrios wrote:

Speaking of poutines, a sweet donair poutine from Alexandra's Pizza before the fireworks begin will be in order this evening! *drools

Speaking of poutines, a sweet donair poutine from Alexandra's Pizza , please translate w/small words.
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    Thanks for Neil Young. ;)

Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends. :P

You are welcome and again we apologize about Celine...you guys can have her. Really.

:)
  • Options

Mmm... poutine :)
    I was trying to explain the greatness of this the other night...I think I failed :lol:;)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Is that in Hali? Am I the only one that has never had a donair :? but donair poutine :shock: ...so not on the Canada Food Guide :lol:
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Speaking of poutines, a sweet donair poutine from Alexandra's Pizza , please translate w/small words.

1253.jpgdonairbig.jpg

fries, cheese & gravy + donair meat = Sweet Donair Poutine. And no other place in Nova Scotia serves the best donair poutine then Alexandra's Pizza. http://www.alexandraspizza.com/
  • Options

Mmm... poutine :)
    I was trying to explain the greatness of this the other night...I think I failed :lol:;)

Mmm I could use some right now!!

LOL I think it has to be enjoyed to be understood. :)