edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
What sucks most?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,447
    The Fixer wrote:
    What sucks most?

Sabermetrics

I'll vote NBA out of your 3 - and I love basketball but the NBA is just unwatchable to me.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Espn is by far the worst.

Entourage also sucks pretty bad. The first couple seasons were cool, then it became the same shit over and over. Give it up
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,447
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Entourage also sucks pretty bad. The first couple seasons were cool, then it became the same shit over and over. Give it up

ESPN has live games which is it's only redeeming factor. and it hasn't yet managed to fuck up college hoops so that to me gives it enough over the NBA. the NBA is just horribly boring.

Entourage - agree, loved the first few seasons, now it is just the same thing week after week.
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

ESPN has live games which is it's only redeeming factor. and it hasn't yet managed to fuck up college hoops so that to me gives it enough over the NBA. the NBA is just horribly boring.

Entourage - agree, loved the first few seasons, now it is just the same thing week after week.

Ahh, you bring up a good point. But do the broadcasts on most games negate the factor they have live games? I know they have ruined watching Yankees on Sunday Nights for me. I am also no fan of Dick Vitale and his schtick.

I agree the NBA is boring, I watched about 2 games this year but ESPN is just the worst for me.
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    I'm gonna say ESPN. They've made it impossible to look at sports objectively. Whatever ESPN deems as headline news, or a big deal, that's what people are going to talk about. Watching the Top 10 moments from the month of June yesterday, and the Stanley Cup Finals was like 8th on the list. Obviously I'm a little bias, and I understand that the NBA and MLB are more popular, but in terms of historical sports moments, winning the Cup far outweighs a 150 pitch no-hitter, some random goals in the World Cup group stage and Tiger Woods shot on 18 in the 3rd round of the US Open. My point is they pick and choose, and were forced to go with it b/c they pretty much have a monopoly on televised sports coverage.

The NBA, while I like college hoops much more, is a lot better than it was 10 years ago.

Entourage is definitely getting old, but it's only like 25 minutes and pretty painless. I certainly don't wait around on Sunday nights for it like I used to though.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    The NBA. I forgot it still existed.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    All choices are horrible, but I'd go with ESPN as well.

favre, lebron, the red sox, dallas cowboys...that sums up espn's coverage. and their on air personalities (berman, stu scott, trey wingo, dick vitale, etc) are pretty unbearable.

I don't know why I still bother with entourage since that show hasn't been funny in 2+ years. Ever since the Llyod character came around the show started to suck. Actually HBO in general has been pretty shitty recently (though that flyers documentary was great)
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    Since I've never seen Entourage I won't take that one into account. Between ESPN and the NBA I'd have to go with the NBA. It's boring and I haven't been able to sit through a full game in years. While I don't care for a lot of their on-air personalities, at least ESPN broadcasts stuff that I'm interested in watching.
    I would like nothing more than to punch Neil Everett in his mouth
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    espn only cause they started that whole red sox nation and said fuck to the nhl. least versus actually cares bout the nhl. if espn didn't have a stronghold on sports i wouldn't ever watch their network of channels.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Neil Everett just said "what he said". May I punch you in the mouth now?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't watch anymore. I hear the sc music and instinctively grab the remote.

Booyah

Back back back

Thinking about those two alone is reason enough to boycott. Mlb and nfl networks for me
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    entourage
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't watch anymore. I hear the sc music and instinctively grab the remote.

Booyah

Back back back

Thinking about those two alone is reason enough to boycott. Mlb and nfl networks for me

It's just on in the background here. My girlfriend invited her neices over for the night, which is nice for her but means I get the couch and I can't sleep on the couch unless I am wasted, so yea.....

I FUCKING HATE ESPN!!!!!!