Louie on FX

bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm watching the pilot episode of this new series starring Louis C.K. It's kinda like Curb Your Enthusiasm in a way.
11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Damn, forgot to DVR this. He is one funny guy. Lucky Louie was one of my favorite shows. Damn you HBO.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Damn, forgot to DVR this. He is one funny guy. Lucky Louie was one of my favorite shows. Damn you HBO.

Yeah, it was pretty good. Like Seinfeld meets Lucky Louie.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, it was pretty good. Like Seinfeld meets Lucky Louie.

Nice, he was on the Daily Show the other day and I liked the sound of the new show. He is fucking funny. I am definitely going to have to set the DVR.
  • RVM MFCRVM MFC Posts: 50
    Have it on DVR for tonight. How much did he get away with language wise with the show being on FX? They're usually pretty good about keeping letting swears and such go.
    RVM MFC wrote:
    Have it on DVR for tonight. How much did he get away with language wise with the show being on FX? They're usually pretty good about keeping letting swears and such go.

On the daily show he gave examples of words he can and can't say. It was pretty funny. Sounds like he will get away with the basics but nothing too much.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    it was pretty good for a pilot... a lil too dependant on the standup clips IMO... as much as i love his standup i wanna see more of a "show" kindof format... im sure it'll get more developed as it goes

just glad i have rescue me and louie to watch during the summer :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • The whole date scene in the pilot was classic. The episode with Ricky Gervais as the Doctor was good too.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Yes! I have been watching it on hulu lately. They have all 8 episodes on there right now. It is indeed like Curb your enthusiasm, except alot more dry. I'm a big fan of Louis CK so him having his own show is awesome to know.

Check out the Heckler/Cop movie episode. Its the best one I've seen so far. The pilot being a close second.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    Just catching up on this show. I am a big fan of his but I think this show fucking sucks.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just catching up on this show. I am a big fan of his but I think this show fucking sucks.
    right? i was disappointed... its almost more of a drama than a comedy... too much old, divorced angst, not enough laughs

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    right? i was disappointed... its almost more of a drama than a comedy... too much old, divorced angst, not enough laughs

Yeah, really not that great. Though I did like the episode when he goes on his kids' school trip and the bus gets stuck in Harlem, or the one where the broad likes to have sex with old dudes and she references Jamie Moyer during sex.
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I love Louie, but the show can be so awful, it is almost hard to watch (I do watch it anyway). I could be so much better!!

I love dry humor, so his general take on things amuses the hell out of me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is his second sitcom, is it not? I'm afraid if this one doesn't do well, he may not get another shot.
  • oona left wrote:
    I love Louie, but the show can be so awful, it is almost hard to watch (I do watch it anyway). I could be so much better!!

I love dry humor, so his general take on things amuses the hell out of me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is his second sitcom, is it not? I'm afraid if this one doesn't do well, he may not get another shot.
    yah he had one on HBO (i think?) called lucky louie... never actually saw that one but i heard it was even raunchier than his fx show... im surprised thats possible... :lol:

i hope it gets picked up for another season and they just go a different direction with it... otherwise, i could see him in more of an ensemble cast like zach galifianakis in "bored to death"... dunno if he has what it takes to be a "leading man"