Heartless Bastards

Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,764
edited July 2010 in Other Music
What an awesome fucking band. Seeing them on the 16th at the North Star in Philly. Can't wait.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    easily one of my favorite bands!!! they play an awesome live set...you are in for a treat!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Saw them last year open for the Decemberists in the middle of the woods in western Mass. They were just ok IMO.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,764
    Saw them last year open for the Decemberists in the middle of the woods in western Mass. They were just ok IMO.

That's funny cause I thought the Decemberists were just okay - mostly because they only played their newest concept album in full.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626

That's funny cause I thought the Decemberists were just okay - mostly because they only played their newest concept album in full.
    You saw them in Philly or at Mountain Park? Must have been the same set the whole tour.

Really Jearl, you weren't feelin' Hazards of Love? I thought it was awesome.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

You saw them in Philly or at Mountain Park? Must have been the same set the whole tour.

Really Jearl, you weren't feelin' Hazards of Love? I thought it was awesome.

Saw them actually backstage at Philly Folk Fest - was totally pumped because I love their shit, but they shouldn't start thinking they're The Who or something. At the time the album was barely out, and the last thing I wanna do on a beautiful summer day drinking a beer is not sing songs that I know. It's pretty pretentious, especially at a fest where you have a lot of people who are hearing you for the first time. I like the album - don't love it - and just thought they'd play more stuff off the other albums as well. Let down completely. Plus, I'm starting to think they're a better studio band than live, which shouldn't be the case.
    Welp...paid 16 bucks to see these fuckers, and then I go and get too drunk and leave before they take the stage. I have problems.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    Welp...paid 16 bucks to see these fuckers, and then I go and get too drunk and leave before they take the stage. I have problems.

oh, man...that sucks. i'm sure they'll be back sometime. next time, pace yourself!!! what a great band---my wife & i met them last year at their ACL aftershow gig & they were super nice...they even signed our poster!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:

oh, man...that sucks. i'm sure they'll be back sometime. next time, pace yourself!!! what a great band---my wife & i met them last year at their ACL aftershow gig & they were super nice...they even signed our poster!

I know, I know. We got to the place at 8. They weren't taking money for DOS tix until 9, so we waited, and drank Dogfish Head IPA's. Hour later got our tickets, went back to the bar and drank till about 1015. First band were still in the middle of their set, and there were 3 bands altogether. Went back to the bar, repeat, went to the balcony, bought some merch, first band just getting done. I figure it was midnight and I was toasted, and they still hadn't taken the stage. 4 hours of drinking 6% abv - soooo yeah, don't remember much after that.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,082
    mfc2006 wrote:

I know, I know. We got to the place at 8. They weren't taking money for DOS tix until 9, so we waited, and drank Dogfish Head IPA's. Hour later got our tickets, went back to the bar and drank till about 1015. First band were still in the middle of their set, and there were 3 bands altogether. Went back to the bar, repeat, went to the balcony, bought some merch, first band just getting done. I figure it was midnight and I was toasted, and they still hadn't taken the stage. 4 hours of drinking 6% abv - soooo yeah, don't remember much after that.

Lightweight. If it was 6% it was only the 60 minute IPA....should step up your game to the 90 minute if you going to miss concerts anyway. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    mfc2006 wrote:

Lightweight. If it was 6% it was only the 60 minute IPA....should step up your game to the 90 minute if you going to miss concerts anyway. ;)

Understood, but for four hours of consuming this and not being Andre The Giant, I have no shame in this while not considering myself some kind of hardcore alcoholic. And the only reason I left is because my buddy wanted to go to another bar. So 12-3 was blackout time. A drunk, yes, an alcoholic no.